The updated XL Delay..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The updated XL Delay..

After some time in the works, we finished this one yesterday, I have the day off today, so I recorded this test piece with my stock strat and the Echotone delay, had a phaser in the delays loop, used the compressor and drive from the Quattro, and played this with my HW-1 Strat.
    The delay has two modes, tempotap or manual timestting, you can switch between those two, it has a loop, goes to about 1,5 secs and it still sounds nice on the long delays, you can put a stereo jack in the output and use two amps then, we had it going ping pong, but the noise was hard to kill, and we did not want to redesign the damm thing any further...has taken us long enough by now
    So it has that extra feature, same delay and clean signal on both sides, but normally this is just a mono pedal with one output jack, it was either that or no loop, and that loop is more fun to me, so it stayed.
    Has a single head, no dual head delay on this one, echo, feedback, tone, and time.
    And when you shut it down the trails are not cut off
    No bleeding delay signals, buffered output and very low noise.
    Here is a clip, I use the delay in a more subtle way, but it adds good space and depth to the sound, Thomas did great on this one!
    And it was not easy to go beyond the normal XL, that is for sure...hehe
    Well and now we have several other projects that needs attention, by the way, there is a competition going on in naming the new Vox like drive I made, and some wah wah that I know very little of..hehe can have ones hands in everything
    It's time for the next competition! It's very simple we need two
    extraordinary good names for two new products.

1) Is the follow up to the Plexitone, it's a two drives and boost pedal that
    is designed to get a Vox overdrive both crunch and tweaked up AC30 top boost
    at full load.
    Where the Plexitone has a name that clearly indicates what it's about (a
    Marshall plexi in the hands of e.i. Van Halen) are we looking for a name
    that clearly indicates the AC 30 tone, but ofcause in a charming a catchy
    way.

2) Here we're looking for a name to a wah pedal, it's a wah pedal with more
    option's to tune in the sound that you know from a Cry Baby e.i a few knobs
    to tweak.

We will pick a winner to one of each pedal when they are ready.

Thank you in advance, and good weekend.

Søren Jongberg
    East Sound Research
    The mail addy is this one.
    [email protected]
    And here is the clip.

Re: The updated XL Delay..

Great clip! One of the best ones you've posted in my opinion. The Delay sounds interesting, I've been thinking that I'll probably need one in the near future. How much will they go for here in the north, if you know or can divulge such information to us?
    There are two kinds of people in this world that go around beardless—boys and women, and I am neither one

Comment

Thanks Johtosotku, well I guess about the same price as the XL

Comment

One reply only eh?....

Comment

For the small ransome of a Plexitone and a XL Delay, I'll call of the cartoon frenzied mob...Saladin.
          Honestly, I think your pedals sound amazing, I can't wait for the "Voxytone"!
          Last edited by saladin; 02-16-2006, 03:53 PM.
          Trainspotter

"...the real key is a good warm delay and lots of lysergic acid diethylamid"

Comment

Haha I think the frenzied mobs just got their excuse, and they are not going to be satisfied with much
            I think it is a wakeup call for some people....hopefully for the better!
            Thanks for the kind words, well the Vox like drive is a done deal now
            Cannot reveal the name for it yet, but I can talk some more about it, it will use FET's for the clipping signal, wired assymetrically, the lowgain channel will be simulating a AC-30 clipping softly, chimey and remove some bottom on purpose, really gives that certain spank those old amps have.
            The second is like a Vox on a 4x12 cab, fat and with a creamy midrange, still retains some chime plus that unmistakenly midrange from those amps.
            I hope that it will please the people out there
            Niels

Comment

Working...
            X