Mystery Guitar- New Clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery Guitar- New Clip

I'm also embarrased to post anything these days...yeesh...my recording setup sucks and does not do this guitar justice. "live" this a great sounding piece of wood. Plays awesome. Too bad I suck

Only hint is it has 3 pickups and is "gibson-esque" in nature

first clip at top of page
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Re: Mystery Guitar- New Clip

hmm i think ill go with an sg custom?
    [SIZE=1]Guitars:
    Gibson 2001 Les Paul Classic Premium w/ SD JB/59N
    Fender American Deluxe Strat (still stock SCNs)
    Takamine Acoustic

Amps:
    Marshall AVT 50(on the bay)
    Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue

Comment

Originally posted by slash857
      hmm i think ill go with an sg custom?
      That or a Les Paul Custom or one of the Firebirds with 3 pickups.
      The G.B. Kirch Band on Facebook!
      And Here on Bandcamp!
      Crankin' a Gibson Les Paul and a Fender Strat into a Crate V32, in an attempt to deafen those who don't enjoy good ol' fashioned blues and rock n' roll

Comment

man.. you need to start tweaking the pod better =/ doesnt sound THAT bad, but you can make it better

i say sg custom

upon listening to the full clip.. i must say it is quite nice.

you need to write a full song dude
        Last edited by Davey; 02-18-2006, 05:48 AM.

Comment

maybe, dean caddy?
          My Soundclick page

ʎʌɐǝɥ sı ǝʇsɐd ɥsıɟ

Comment

I know, I know, I know....hehe! But I'm not sayin'.

Sounds good, bro. Was this one done with the POD in manual mode?

Comment

I just need a mic and some recording software. "Live" the thing sounds like a friggin metal face/JMP stack. Clear as a bell and super fat/crunchy. Totally nails Live After Death, Davey

But God hates me. Mystery guitar developed a neck problem and popped a fret. It goes back. Second one of these brand guitars in a month I've had a major issue with.

Back to drawing board

Erik, yes..manual mode...much better tone.

BTW it's an Epiphone SpaceAce with triple DiMarzio Super Distortions.
              I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB
                DiMarzio Super Distortions.
                well, there you got the live after death tone lol

Comment

Originally posted by Davey
                  well, there you got the live after death tone lol
                  Yup...Norlin Les Paul (i.e fat maple neck) w/ Super D in the bridge= Adrian Smith. Space ACe is just a Norlin copy...maple neck..speeds...volute, etc.

I totally was gonna keep this thing..no mods needed. Great sounding Les Paul. Korean or not..good hunk of wood...pups sound awesome..sigh...

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB
                    I just need a mic and some recording software. "Live" the thing sounds like a friggin metal face/JMP stack. Clear as a bell and super fat/crunchy. Totally nails Live After Death, Davey

But God hates me. Mystery guitar developed a neck problem and popped a fret. It goes back. Second one of these brand guitars in a month I've had a major issue with.

Back to drawing board

Erik, yes..manual mode...much better tone.

BTW it's an Epiphone SpaceAce with triple DiMarzio Super Distortions.
                    Cool my guess of 3 pickup Les Paul was right.
                    And Here on Bandcamp!
                    Crankin' a Gibson Les Paul and a Fender Strat into a Crate V32, in an attempt to deafen those who don't enjoy good ol' fashioned blues and rock n' roll

Comment

Originally posted by Corbic
                      Cool my guess of 3 pickup Les Paul was right.
                      Indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by gOgIver
                        Wait a minute! Thought you hated maple necks LP's? And a Korean Norlin? Never heard that one before. Unless you bought an Ace Epiphone, I have no idea what that mystery instrument is/was.
                        Yup you must missed where I said that was the axe ....its a Space Ace Epi...maple neck and all. Great sounding axe.

Generally I do hate maple necks on a Paula. First one i've actually liked to be honest. Maybe with the extended bass/mids of the SuperDs it "makes" the tone. I do know that Space Ace and Adrian (pre goofiness with the superstrats ) both have tones that I've always loved..Norlins..maple necks..with SuperDs, and this Epi totally nails that tone.

Comment

Originally posted by gOgIver
                          It's cool you are happy with it and all, and let me know if this is out of bounds, but I just can't figure why you've been burning gas, taking sizable cash hits on gear, paying for ebay fee's & dealing with all the shipping ect. that we've seen for the last couple years. I mean, you seem to know and have known, for a time, that the set-up for you is a LP, JCM800, maybe an MXR or Bradshaw type goose and maybe a SuperD in the bridge. At this point one would guess all you'd need to be buying is picks & strings. You must have burned at least close to enough $ in this time to pay for either a Marshall half stack or a custom shop Les Paul by now, maybe even both?
                          Because even if you have "you're" tone, it gets boring after awhile, and you seek to change it. And buying new stuff is fun and addicting
                          And Here on Bandcamp!

Comment

Very simple actually.

A very short time ago, I had more (quite a bit) money to spend on this stuff...and life was grand

Now, due to being a single dad with a son who has newly acquired medical bills, along with all the ever increasing regular expenses a 6 year old child wracks up, chaos at my own job, some medical bills of my own..etc., etc...I Basically had my fun budget sliced into 1/4 what it was.

I had to sell all my nice stuff,am looking for a new job as well as a second job and I am trying find my tone and some gear I can be happy with under the constraints of the new budget, as well as at a managable volume for my townhouse at night so my neighbors don't have a freaking fit.

Believe me, I'd be much happier having my R8 and Hamer and coming home every night to a 1987X half stack I could crank whenever I want to. But the R8 & Hamer helped me pay for afterschool childcare for the next 6 months. The Rivera? another months worth of childcare and T-ball for the spring. The 1987X, one more month of childcare.

So now I explore the import market, and cheap modelling gear trying to find something I can live with until finances bounce back.

Was that sufficient enough explanation?

Comment

Originally posted by Corbic
                              Because even if you have "you're" tone, it gets boring after awhile, and you seek to change it. And buying new stuff is fun and addicting
                              Or what he said

Comment

Working...
                              X