Humbucker/single coil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humbucker/single coil

Hey Guys! I Need help. I am trying to educate my dad on why guitarists need more then just one guitar. He says ' well you can only play one, and they all sound the same, there isnt much difference, tis either clean or dirty'

So!!! I dont have any recording equipment, so you guy s might be able to help me out!! I need a fender strat/single coil, with quack/clean/dirty, and no quack clean/dirty. Also, need a Gibson les paul/humbucker. Prefered with a 59' in the bridge clean/dirty, and a alnico 2 in the neck/clean dirty. Any one want to help me out!?
    Lister: I am your god!
    Cat: ( points at food ) If you're god, turn this into a woman!

Originally posted by Empty Pockets
    i don't want to shoot at a guy holding my Les Paul, but I'd gladly shoot through a Fernandes that I paid $250 for.

Re: Humbucker/single coil

well they don't all sound the same, and make this you focal point (not quite sure if used that right) have him listen to some higher quality guitars compared to the bad stuff, also with humbucking vs. single coil and take him to guitar center

oh yeah, it really depends on you style, but i'd stay away from squier especially the affinity series, i hate mine and plan on getting a hamer. also a mid-to-high end lp sounds good
    Last edited by cream123; 02-22-2006, 06:27 PM.
    Originally posted by kilphody
    There is no such thing as useless knowledge.

Comment

Well you could get a hsh guitar for those sounds.
      Fender MIM Strat 59 trembucker bridge/Super II neck
      Edwards 56' Goldtop 2 x SD P90-1s
      Marshall JCM 900 MKIV 2100 slx
      Marshall JCM 900 1936 Celestion GT-75/Vintage 30 cab,
      Fender Frontman 15g
      Cry Baby
      Boss DS-2
      Boss CE-3
      Danelectro Wasabi

Comment

Hey guys, unfortunatly, he lives near the desert on the western side of australia, so the closest guitar store to him is about 1000 miles away. And i live a few thousand miles from him either way! Thats why i need those sound clips! From the same guitars/amp. Any helpers? I would use the Clips on the website but i think they sound abit to..hmmm..studio? Something more home, down to earth kinda.

i don't want to shoot at a guy holding my Les Paul, but I'd gladly shoot through a Fernandes that I paid $250 for.

Comment

Well I have a Strat copy with single coils and Fender strat with a 59 in the bridge, would that work? I have clips of the fender strat at my soundclip page in my profile. I can make some clean clips and some with the strat copy if you want.
          Fender MIM Strat 59 trembucker bridge/Super II neck
          Edwards 56' Goldtop 2 x SD P90-1s
          Marshall JCM 900 MKIV 2100 slx
          Marshall JCM 900 1936 Celestion GT-75/Vintage 30 cab,
          Fender Frontman 15g
          Cry Baby
          Boss DS-2
          Boss CE-3
          Danelectro Wasabi

Comment

Hmm close but no cigar. I'm thinking Stack + in a fender, and a 59n/a2b in a gibson

Comment

Working...
            X