experimental funny stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• experimental funny stuff

haha. yaiy ,i recorded something funny and weird,i like to hear your meaning guys!!!
    have fun
    www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

Re: experimental funny stuff

i loaded the final version up.please tell me what you think?it is "not" metal!!!

Comment

Frank Zappa meets Perfect Circle
      These horse pills really take the edge off! Take 4 of em and that yellow gateway over there opens for da wolfman! -- Carl, ATHF

Comment

Originally posted by Osensei
        Frank Zappa meets Perfect Circle
        thank you man!!! thsi was the best compliment in my life i ever heard!!!! .i am serious..thank you

Comment

No problem! The important thing is that you understand the style that you're trying to get to and which elements make it what it is.

I mentioned Zappa, but most people don't realize that Frank was a musical historian or what we call a musicologist. Musicologists are people who study ancient or archaic forms of music. If you listen closely to his music you'll find elements of everything from jazz to blues to midieval music to Ancient Roman and Greek. So Frank understood the elements that made up the stuff he played. Even the stuff he lampooned! He understood styles and what made them because he knew musical history.

Young people who haven't formally studied music have the toughest time! Sometimes it takes years before they realize that musical ideas rarely just spring up out of nowhere. Unless there is a link to the past, then from where are new ideas supposed to come? How could a Santana Band have existed in the 60's without the influence of ancient African Rhytms? How could we have had a Hendrix without a Muddy Waters, Lightning Hopkins or Albert King? How could African Americans have created Jazz without the influence of European Classical Music? Where would the Blues have come from without the Negro Spiritual? Even the modes that today's jazz players, rockers and shredders use came from the Gregorian Chants of midevial munks.

So having a historical reference is like having fertile soil from which new ideas naturally sprout. It's like what a color palette is to a painter. You mix and match until you get the desired shade or produce the desired effect or impression. I hope my words have helped to inspire you to continue your efforts.
          Last edited by Osensei; 03-07-2006, 05:29 AM.
          These horse pills really take the edge off! Take 4 of em and that yellow gateway over there opens for da wolfman! -- Carl, ATHF

Comment

Man this was great..loved the Beavis and but-thead thing as well
            The chanting stuff was great too, very rootsy.
            And some grindin' guitars is always fun.
            Way cool and enjoyable.

Comment

Originally posted by Osensei
              No problem! The important thing is that you understand the style that you're trying to get to and which elements make it what it is.

I mentioned Zappa, but most people don't realize that Frank was a musical historian or what we call a musicologist. Musicologists are people who study ancient or archaic forms of music. If you listen closely to his music you'll find elements of everything from jazz to blues to midieval music to Ancient Roman and Greek. So Frank understood the elements that made up the stuff he played. Even the stuff he lampooned! He understood styles and what made them because he knew musical history.

Young people who haven't formally studied music have the toughest time! Sometimes it takes years before they realize that musical ideas rarely just spring up out of nowhere. Unless there is a link to the past, then from where are new ideas supposed to come? How could a Santana Band have existed in the 60's without the influence of ancient African Rhytms? How could we have had a Hendrix without a Muddy Waters, Lightning Hopkins or Albert King? How could African Americans have created Jazz without the influence of European Classical Music? Where would the Blues have come from without the Negro Spiritual? Even the modes that today's jazz players, rockers and shredders use came from the Gregorian Chants of midevial munks.

So having a historical reference is like having fertile soil from which new ideas naturally sprout. It's like what a color palette is to a painter. You mix and match until you get the desired shade or produce the desired effect or impression. I hope my words have helped to inspire you to continue your efforts.

yeah offcourse.You are totally right.
              i grew up with heavy metal.But i like to hear different types of world music too.something indian and oriental with beavis and butthead was enough contrast to having fun as i was recording it..
              And this thing is just a present to my best friend.So actually my own songs will be more complex and better arranged...you guys will hear it in a short time

And thank you for your interest an help osensei.i " ich weis es zu schätzen"

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
                Man this was great..loved the Beavis and but-thead thing as well
                The chanting stuff was great too, very rootsy.
                And some grindin' guitars is always fun.
                Way cool and enjoyable.
                hehe thank you man.that was my point too when i was doing it.so i am glad to hear that worked

Comment

Weird though
                  Originally posted by Guitarist
                  Honestly, I like Scott's words. "There is a rhythm to life. Ride the waves."

And keep in mind that while nothing lasts forever, nothing is lost.
                  http://soundcloud.com/adrian-czarnecki/tracks

Comment

Originally posted by StrangeSound

Weird though
                    heheehe.this is normal.It was "me " who made it

Ich nehme es als "kompliment" .Und danke für deine interesse!!!

Comment

Originally posted by daemon barbeque
                      heheehe.this is normal.It was "me " who made it

Ich nehme es als "kompliment" .Und danke für deine interesse!!!
                      Yeah, ist ziemlich cool

Mal was neues
                      Originally posted by Guitarist
                      Honestly, I like Scott's words. "There is a rhythm to life. Ride the waves."

And keep in mind that while nothing lasts forever, nothing is lost.
                      http://soundcloud.com/adrian-czarnecki/tracks

Comment

Working...
                      X