DAW Preamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAW Preamps

I'm thinking about building a Neve 1272 preamp, for the specific intention of improving the sound of the stock preamp in my Boss BR1200CD DAW. Would this work in improving the sound a lot, even though the Neve would still have to pass through the DAW's preamp? If not, would the line in socket bypass the preamp (it has no gain control like the other inputs)?
    Richard

Free Shred Guitar Lessons
    Marshall Mods

Re: DAW Preamps

If you're passing one pre through another pre, you won't notice any change in quality. At least not for the better . . . The line in might bypass the built in preamps, but there's no guarentee that you'll get better sound out of that . . .
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Yes you want to run Line In and it will bypass the preamp. It would be hard for me to bet against a Neve not improving your sound.
      Speak through your fingers

Comment

OK thanks, I've ordered an XLR > phono adaptor to try connect my cheap £30 external preamp through the line in to see if I can hear an audible difference.
        Richard

Free Shred Guitar Lessons
        Marshall Mods

Comment

Working...
        X