new stuff!!! (song content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new stuff!!! (song content)

So.. i got a mic and a mixer on friday, it rocks! but i gotta have the amp LOUD, so the tone comes through and untill i get a cab enclosure built, i cant record for more than 30 seconds at a time =/ suckage..

anyway.. i tried the sound processor directly into the mixer and the tone is actualy pretty decent (though it lacks a bit.. need to multitrack it)

this is a rough demo of a song i am working on. next step is the drumage, today i quickly recorded some riffs and melodies (some took a rather unexpected turn, which wasnt planned, but it sounds cooler) .. please bear with me on the mix, its just quick cut n paste in cooledit (completely unedited), but feel free to comment on everything else.

this is i think a factory preset, it's the most natural one i found, albeit it still lacks a certain something. i cant pinpoint it, maybe you guys can be a bit of help.

Linkage song name is Caution

Re: new stuff!!! (song content)

There's something about a '57 that just sounds RIGHT with high gain guitars. Cool riff, too, very Maiden. \m/
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Nice stuff all around! Maidenish, like said. Not a bad thing at all, and you do have your own vibe as well. What was the equipment used?
      There are two kinds of people in this world that go around beardless—boys and women, and I am neither one

Comment

Originally posted by Johtosotku
        What was the equipment used?
        Charvel Fusion Deluxe w/ JB -> Zoom 9050 -> phonic mu502 mixer -> cool edit 2 pro

thanks guys =)

Comment

Yah
          it lacks warmness
          ahahahah cause the zoom is digital. BUT , i have to render myself.. This is the ONLY ZOOM product that is decent. all the other are pure crap.
          can you post a pic of the zoom and another one of the mixer and mic PLEASE?
          Q
          Liked the riffs too, but it needs the harmonies.
          cool playing, also.. donīt play Only Downstrokes, try to play up and down.
          its an advice
          Q
          Ibanez RG7420-Evo 7-Liquifire 7
          Ibanez RG7420-Blaze Custom 7-Air Norton 7
          Ibanez RG550-Nailbomb-Nailbomb
          Jackson DXMG-Juggernaut - Juggernaut
          Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A
          Ibanez RGT42DX-BlackHawk - BlackHawk
          Fender Am Std-Holy Diver-Emerald

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
          Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Fender EVH 5510 III 50w Head + Custom 2X12 Cabinet W/ WGS Liberator Speakers.

Comment

thanks hehe.

yea there is some high end fizz to it that i dont like, but it serves its purpose.

there is one other processor in the 9k line.. it's the 9150. it has a tube preamp installed, but those are extremely hard to find

here's the processor
            Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

this is the mixer. phonic mu 502. on tuesday i'm getting its big bro.. the 1002. has some more features and a 3 band EQ on all channels, as oposed to a 2 band on the 1st channel. was supposed to get it on friday, but they didnt have it so the guy gave me this one till they got the big one

Comment

i'd like to hear it with drums and bass, as i think its thin and sterile by itself
              Beef it up with some tracking
              All depends what tone you're after really too. To me, Sounds a bit like powerslave and before, but its a tone thats in the past, and not a tone i'd personally want to recreate- but ive got into heavy heavy heavy now xd.
              Oh, and I bloody hate zoom processors haha

Bring on the drums and bass!
              Last edited by Kev; 03-11-2006, 06:26 PM.
              PC: Windows XP/Vista, Intel Q6600 @ 3.6ghz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 1TB HDD, M-Audio 1010lt
              DAW: Nuendo
              Noise: 5150
              Guitar: Palm Bay Cyclone

http://www.myspace.com/kevparsons

Comment

Originally posted by Kev
                i'd like to hear it with drums and bass, as i think its thin and sterile by itself
                Beef it up with some tracking
                thin and sterile? wtf are you smoking? sterile maybe, but far from thin. though, once i start recording it and mix it, it will be double tracked
                All depends what tone you're after really too. To me, Sounds a bit like powerslave and before, but its a tone thats in the past, and not a tone i'd personally want to recreate- but ive got into heavy heavy heavy now xd.
                wtf is wrong with powerslave tone?
                just because it's 20 years old, doesnt mean it shouldnt be used anymore.
                you have much to learn young grasshopper

Comment

Cool riffs Davey...

I think there's nothing missing...really...it's a little mid scooped..but I don't think thats a prob..

I think you should try it with a little less gain. Then when ya doubletrack it it will get really "big"
                  I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Nah, ahahah donīt reduce the distortion. ahahahahah NEVER.
                    Never Pull OFF the gain Knob. Never EVER ahahahahahahahaha
                    q:P
                    i guess the tone is ****ing cool . i would like to use it, for heavy metal, if i were a HM player. iīm in part, 15% , a heavy metal player, for instance of the HM influencies i heard on the extreme metal bands i always listen)
                    Q
                    Ibanez RG7420-Evo 7-Liquifire 7
                    Ibanez RG7420-Blaze Custom 7-Air Norton 7
                    Ibanez RG550-Nailbomb-Nailbomb
                    Jackson DXMG-Juggernaut - Juggernaut
                    Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A
                    Ibanez RGT42DX-BlackHawk - BlackHawk
                    Fender Am Std-Holy Diver-Emerald

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
                    Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Fender EVH 5510 III 50w Head + Custom 2X12 Cabinet W/ WGS Liberator Speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by Davey
                      thin and sterile? wtf are you smoking? sterile maybe, but far from thin. though, once i start recording it and mix it, it will be double tracked

wtf is wrong with powerslave tone?
                      just because it's 20 years old, doesnt mean it shouldnt be used anymore.
                      you have much to learn young grasshopper
                      I find it thin too...
                      RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
                      TS 7 (modded)
                      Hot Rod 50+ XL
                      Framus Dragon 4x12
                      V-AMP II for practice

Comment

you guys have something wrong with your ears

Comment

Maybe it's not my style ...
                          RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
                          TS 7 (modded)
                          Hot Rod 50+ XL
                          Framus Dragon 4x12
                          V-AMP II for practice

Comment

Working...
                          X