Studio Projects B1 Condenser Demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studio Projects B1 Condenser Demo

I bought this mic this week as I'm recording a demo for a local band with my home recording equipment. I found an old acoustic guitar of my uncles, it's only got 5 strings and the wound G is unwinding

This is the first ever recording I've done with it. The mic sounds really really nice. Much nicer than using an SM58 lol.

The detail is superb, and it sounds really flattering to vocals. It has plenty of presence and high end, this mic sounds just as good as mics costing a lot more. Acoustic guitars sound very atmospheric and it's easy to get a good sound with it. If you're doing home recording, you've really got to get one of these after you get an SM57.

I know nothing about mic'ing acoustics, but I've found with this mic placement doesn't matter much - it still gets a great sound.
    Richard

Free Shred Guitar Lessons
    Marshall Mods

Re: Studio Projects B1 Condenser Demo

sounds pretty nice. i want a beater acoustic, but i'm too cheap to buy one

Comment

I'd have no idea whatsoever in what acoustic to buy. I want a new steel string that sounds half decent (enough for recording) and plays nice, that won't cost me a fortune. It might have to wait until I build a Neve 1272 preamp though, as that will cost me around £500.
      Richard

Free Shred Guitar Lessons
      Marshall Mods

Comment

I'm using one for recording right now too, and I can attest to it being an exceptionally good all-around mic. It lets things sound like they do, which is great.
        Originally posted by krankguitarist
        And I *really* wouldn't lop Affliction and Ed Hardy in the same category. Affliction stuff can have a sense of subtlety to it.

Comment

Originally posted by RushOfBlood
          I'm using one for recording right now too, and I can attest to it being an exceptionally good all-around mic. It lets things sound like they do, which is great.
          Ditto, I own a B1. Great bang for the buck.
          http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

I don't really dig it for vocals but I use it for acoustic's all the time. For 99 bucks, its hard to beat.
            Last edited by vinterland; 03-11-2006, 11:31 PM.
            Speak through your fingers

Comment

Working...
            X