No announcement yet.

[MP3] Full band, Prog Rock With BCRs;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [MP3] Full band, Prog Rock With BCRs;)

Hey guys. Rob here with some tracks from a small side project i Participated in.

This side project being a band called CrackFarmer ((Yes i know)).

We made a small EP of a few songs to showcase the music.

I would say it was a mixture of the Mars Volta, Radiohead and Tool.

Im playing guitar in this song the equipment i used were as follows.

BC-Rich Ironbird Platinum Pro with Kent Armstrong motherbucker in the bridge.
    BC-Rich Ironbird 80's NJ Series. (Coil Tap on)
    Boss ME-30 for Effects
    Marshall Mode four.

There was no fulltime bassist in this recording.

The line-up was.

Pianist
    Guitarist
    Drummer
    Singer doing bass/Programming and wails.

Download the song here http://www.geocities.com/theadvocate...Screaminjo.mp3

This song and the other two on the Ep were recorded in a 36 hour period on a 8 track mixer.

The long piano Break must be listened to as it lulls listeners into a false sense of security.

Enjoy!

Rob
    Pedulla Pentabuzz 5 string fretless.
    Jackson RR5,
    Jackson Warrior WRMG,
    Epiphone SG "3 pup" Custom,
    Roland DB-900,
    Ashdown Little Giant 1000.

Re: [MP3] Full band, Prog Rock With BCRs

Iīm now on minute 2..itīs rocking so far..I love it..really great
    Originally posted by Guitarist
    Honestly, I like Scott's words. "There is a rhythm to life. Ride the waves."

And keep in mind that while nothing lasts forever, nothing is lost.
    http://soundcloud.com/adrian-czarnecki/tracks

Comment

Ok..I heared the whole track..Iīm amazed..totally this Tool/Mars Volta/Radiohead thing going on.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by StrangeSound
        Ok..I heared the whole track..Iīm amazed..totally this Tool/Mars Volta/Radiohead thing going on.

Thanks for sharing.
        Thanks for the comment! Its alot more restrained then usual from me. I usually Go all out shred but this song just didnt need it. Or any of the songs in the side project actually :S.
        Pedulla Pentabuzz 5 string fretless.
        Jackson RR5,
        Jackson Warrior WRMG,
        Epiphone SG "3 pup" Custom,
        Roland DB-900,
        Ashdown Little Giant 1000.

Comment

I don't really hear much of the Tool thing in there. They may be one of your inspirations, but it's definately nothing like Tool.

Comment

Bit of a Omar(Mars volta) on the leads near the end. Overall a cool track. But I agree with Sufferin, definatly no tool-ish vibe.
            Originally posted by Kyuss_Rock
            Thats what I like to hear. Family massacre heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedDemon
              Bit of a Omar(Mars volta) on the leads near the end. Overall a cool track. But I agree with Sufferin, definatly no tool-ish vibe.
              Indeed. It's got the quirky-like thing that Tool is known for, but the music itself definately isn't in the style of Tool. A little too fast and the guitar is a bit too thin sounding. Adam Jones uses a JB/Jazz-loaded Silverburst Gibson Les Paul.

I find the clean parts in the beginning to sound like more recent Red Hot Chili Peppers-ish.
              Last edited by sufferinrewind; 03-16-2006, 05:07 PM.

Comment

I think he didnīt have the intention to copy a certain band.

It doesnīt make sense to say "there are only 2% Tool in it" or so..appreciate the art

Comment

I think he didnīt have the intention to copy a certain band.

It doesnīt make sense to say "there are only 2% Tool in it" or so..appreciate the art
                  I didn't say that I didn't appreciate it or that I didn't like it because it didn't sound like Tool. Just a comment. Nothing offensive.

I'm not trying to hate. I do appreciate it, even though it's not really my kind of thing. If it did sound more Tool-like, I'd enjoy it. I really appreciate the fact that he's posting it here. Takes some nerve because a lot of people on here are pretty critical.

Comment

Originally posted by sufferinrewind
                    I didn't say that I didn't appreciate it or that I didn't like it because it didn't sound like Tool. Just a comment. Nothing offensive.

I'm not trying to hate. I do appreciate it, even though it's not really my kind of thing. If it did sound more Tool-like, I'd enjoy it. I really appreciate the fact that he's posting it here. Takes some nerve because a lot of people on here are pretty critical.
                    Ok thatīs cool..sorry I misunderstood your post.

Comment

Ok thatīs cool..sorry I misunderstood your post.
                      No need to apologize. I can see how it could be misunderstood. It's just that I really love Tool, but don't care much for Radiohead or Mars Volta. Tool has been my favorite band for years. If it had more of a Tool-ish vibe, I'd really dig it. It's not my cup of tea, but it's not bad stuff. People who like Radiohead and Mars Volta would love that, I'm sure.

Comment

definately interesting

chris
                        "Get a BIBLE: open it, read it, and believe it" - Me

Comment

I like this ... reminds me of the Pixies a bit (with more random noises though and no kim deal) ... think it could do with a little bit more mixing/ compression/ polishing, but it sounds pretty cool.
                          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Working...
                          X