Lynch fans - help me out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynch fans - help me out!

Trying to figure out the 2nd clean passage for "Into the Fire" It's a descending passage that leads into the Amin, F5 Gmaj, G/F# clean passage. Can't figger it out.

Anybody know?

Thanks
    Originally posted by Scott_F
    On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Re: Lynch fans - help me out!

C'mon guys. Ben? Craig? Shreder?
    On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

Nuts, I can't visualize the frets without a guitar. If no one answers today I'll hook you up tomorrow after I've had a chance to play it and write it down. Have you looked online for tabs?
      Duncan Pickups in currently in use: '59 (rewound to PATB-3)/'59, Custom/AP2H, Tapped QP set for Tele, Crazy 8/Cool Rails, Screamin' Demon/Stra-Bro 90, Custom 5/Phat Cat, SP90-1/SP90-2, SMB-5D

Comment

I know how to play the song, but for some reason I can't get a handle on which part you're actually talking about..not unless I either a) listen to it, or b) try to play through it
        Splawn QR
        Splawn 4x12 w/greenbacks
        Splawn 2x12 w/ CL80s
        George Lynch Skulls n' Snakes Sig ESP w/JB trembucker

My Cover Band
        My Gear Pix
        My SPLAWN Clips
        My SPLAWN Vids/Homepage

Comment

Originally posted by shreder75
          I know how to play the song, but for some reason I can't get a handle on which part you're actually talking about..not unless I either a) listen to it, or b) try to play through it
          Hopefully, I won't confuse it further. First comes the intro, the big bombastic Emin G5, D5 thing with Mick Brown banging away. Then the first clean passage comes in which seems to be sort of a variation of Amin, Fmaj, Gmaj, G/F# progression (I think). Then the 1st verse happens, and then the 1st chorus. Then the 2nd clean passage comes, and that first descending clean passage has got me scratching my head. Not to mention it's downtuned to Eb, which my axes are straight up E.

Originally posted by MikeS
          Have you looked online for tabs?
          Oh yeah. Nothing that I can find. I even have this very crappy Japanese "Best of" book that is completely wrong all over the place. I would throw it away, except I borrowed it from someone.

Comment

hmmm..haven't played it in awhile, nor have I listened to it in awhile...have to refresh my own memory on that one...gettin' old, memory ain't so good..lol
            Splawn QR
            Splawn 4x12 w/greenbacks
            Splawn 2x12 w/ CL80s

My Cover Band
            My Gear Pix
            My SPLAWN Clips
            My SPLAWN Vids/Homepage

Comment

Originally posted by shreder75
              hmmm..haven't played it in awhile, nor have I listened to it in awhile...have to refresh my own memory on that one...gettin' old, memory ain't so good..lol
              Ah, brother. It's just starting for you. Wait till you're knocking on 40! I asked my wife the other day what our Zip code was.

Comment

G-10---9---7--10---9---7---9----7---5---7---5---3-
                D---12--10------12--10------10---8-------8---7----
                A-----0---0--0-----0---0--0----0---0--0---0---0---0

I make no promises until I can get a guitar in my hands tonight, but try that out and see if it works.
                Duncan Pickups in currently in use: '59 (rewound to PATB-3)/'59, Custom/AP2H, Tapped QP set for Tele, Crazy 8/Cool Rails, Screamin' Demon/Stra-Bro 90, Custom 5/Phat Cat, SP90-1/SP90-2, SMB-5D

Comment

Originally posted by JammerMatt
                  Ah, brother. It's just starting for you. Wait till you're knocking on 40! I asked my wife the other day what our Zip code was.

dude, that's sad

lol
                  Splawn QR
                  Splawn 4x12 w/greenbacks
                  Splawn 2x12 w/ CL80s

My Cover Band
                  My Gear Pix
                  My SPLAWN Clips
                  My SPLAWN Vids/Homepage

Comment

I'll post something tonight.
                    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

NOW I remember which part you're talki'n about!!!

and I never learned that part...lol....
                      Splawn QR
                      Splawn 4x12 w/greenbacks
                      Splawn 2x12 w/ CL80s

My Cover Band
                      My Gear Pix
                      My SPLAWN Clips
                      My SPLAWN Vids/Homepage

Comment

Originally posted by MikeS
                        G-10---9---7--10---9---7---9----7---5---7---5---3-
                        D---12--10------12--10------10---8-------8---7----
                        A-----0---0--0-----0---0--0----0---0--0---0---0---0

I make no promises until I can get a guitar in my hands tonight, but try that out and see if it works.
                        Without taking a listen to the original, that sounds about right, but replace 7-8-0 (Bflat) with 7-9-0 (Bm)
                        GUITARS
                        STRATS: Custom Strat - Lil 59/Classic Stack/Hot Stack, Jackson Fusion - C5/JB Jr/JB Jr, Kramer Pacer Custom - CC/SSL-1/SSL-1, Schecter V-1 Plus - C5/SSL-6/SSL-6, VH1 Strat - 59, Fender Partsocaster - C/PG hybrids

LESTERS: Edwards Sykes Custom - DD/DD, Edwards Custom V/white - JB/59, Burny Floyd Rose Les Paul
                        AMPS
                        Engl Screamer 50 combo + V112 Cab, Splawn Competition, Marshall 1982A & 1982B, Marshall 1960A.

Comment

That might be right. I told you guys I make no promises. I don't see the fretboard in numbers any more, so it was kinda rough.

Comment

It's a challenging part to get sounding smooth. Have fun.
                            And don't forget to tune down to Eb standard!!
                            Last edited by TwilightOdyssey; 03-20-2006, 07:57 PM.
                            Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                            My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

[QUOTE=TwilightOdyssey

It's a challenging part to get sounding smooth. Have fun.
                              [/QUOTE]

You're a master of understatement. That part's a byotch! It's no wondering I was having such a tough time figgerin' it out. Sort of an Amin harmonized triad trip down the fretboard - also a great way to practice your triads, eh?

Looks like Mike's version uses the A an octave lower. Nice trick.

Thanks a ton (or is it tone?) guys! I knew I could count on y'alls. You guys are the bomb!

-Matt

Comment

Working...
                              X