Trying new stuff.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying new stuff.

I am venturing into an old project at the company, the guy who is on this project is way too busy, so I tried a few things, it is one of them old hybrid OP-amp tube drives, no clipping diodes, only an amplified signal going through stages.
    It is for sure different than any other thing I have had my hands on, this is just one setting, went for a more oldstyle sound on this clip.
    Dunno if I am ever going to be satisfied with it, as said it is quite different from my usual projects.
    Anyways used my HW-1 strat with the SE singles and the APH-2 humbucker.

The backing is Marin's Midnight track.

Re: Trying new stuff.

Originally posted by Rid
    I am venturing into an old project at the company, the guy who is on this project is way too busy, so I tried a few things, it is one of them old hybrid OP-amp tube drives, no clipping diodes, only an amplified signal going through stages.
    It is for sure different than any other thing I have had my hands on, this is just one setting, went for a more oldstyle sound on this clip.
    Dunno if I am ever going to be satisfied with it, as said it is quite different from my usual projects.
    Anyways used my HW-1 strat with the SE singles and the APH-2 humbucker.

The backing is Marin's Midnight track.
    FREAKNG LOVE THAT SWELL AT 2:10-ish Rid!

The ped sounds good..Kind of ProCo Rat-ish...into a twin or something...
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

That sounds great, as usual. Sounds a bit different than usual, but it sounds real good. I'd be plenty happy with it.

I've got a backing track that was supposed to be for an acoustic song that I was making, but decided to abandon it. The bass parts sound oddly like old Days of the New. I'll give it to anyone who wants it. Only thing is, it was meant to be played in Eb, so unless you can tune the clip up a half step, you'll have to have your guitar tuned to Eb.
      Last edited by sufferinrewind; 03-24-2006, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys....it is a funny pedal on its own, and it also sounds strange when I record, but when I sit down and listen to the take afterwards, not weird anymore..lol
        Here is one more...blues in dm.

Comment

Working...
        X