Does this sound any better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this sound any better?

Messing around with a new way to record...

First clip at top....ML79

Still got some fine tuning I think...but...

EDIT: This is all relative however..I know my clips sound like crap..I just mean compared to older ones
    Last edited by JeffB; 03-24-2006, 05:43 PM.
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Re: Does this sound any better?

Sounds good, man. Louder and clearer than the other clip. That guitar sounds nice. Have you changed the pups yet? Are you going to?

Comment

Originally posted by sufferinrewind
      Sounds good, man. Louder and clearer than the other clip. That guitar sounds nice. Have you changed the pups yet? Are you going to?

Thank You...and good...glad to hear it's clearer.Those are the stock "cheap" pups. I don't know if I'm gonna change 'em or not, LOL. They have a nice "hot" PAF vibe to them that I kinda like...well at least the bridge. Neck is a little muddy.
      I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB
        Thank You...and good...glad to hear it's clearer.Those are the stock "cheap" pups. I don't know if I'm gonna change 'em or not, LOL. They have a nice "hot" PAF vibe to them that I kinda like...well at least the bridge. Neck is a little muddy.
        Same with the pickups in my Dean. I like the bridge, but the neck pup is boomy, muddy, weak and useless under gain. It has an acoustic-like clean tone which is neat, but I don't really have any use for it.

Comment

Originally posted by sufferinrewind
          Same with the pickups in my Dean. I like the bridge, but the neck pup is boomy, muddy, weak and useless under gain. It has an acoustic-like clean tone which is neat, but I don't really have any use for it.
          Yep...mid gain the neck pup is decent...and clean...also good in the middle position for a nasty blues sound...but a little muddy/boomy under higher gain.

Comment

More clear and direct now...got a new mic??
            Or going directly?

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
              More clear and direct now...got a new mic??
              Or going directly?
              Not exactly......

I was waiting for someone to ask......decided to use this tonite...

Comment

Haha going SS

Comment

It's a buzzy little thing, but fun to play through

I figure if I had a real mic, and added some reverb/delay it would record really good!

Comment

They can get better by the way, but the guy who does it lives here in Denmark
                    He made into a mean screamin' machine with pleny of extra attitude
                    Lol they are fun little monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
                      Lol they are fun little monsters.
                      Indeed they are, Rid!

wish that fellow lived closer!

Comment

It sounds clearer, Jeff. That little Marshall records better than the POD IMO. You hear more of the guitar itself with it. Still a lot of background hiss but that's what happens with PC mics. I so want to get one of those little Marshalls.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH
                          It sounds clearer, Jeff. That little Marshall records better than the POD IMO. You hear more of the guitar itself with it. Still a lot of background hiss but that's what happens with PC mics. I so want to get one of those little Marshalls.

I think it's really the fact that the POD/Atomic use the simulated mics...and when ya turn em off it sounds like @$$...so ya need to leave it on...but you are getting a "faux recorded" sound...then ya record that "faux recorded" sound...so it's darker/less clear. BTW..got your emails... replying now

Comment

i keep wondering when you'll get a decent mic and mic preamp. i got mine for like 250 alltogether.
                            now i just need the amp

Comment

Originally posted by Davey
                              i keep wondering when you'll get a decent mic and mic preamp. i got mine for like 250 alltogether.
                              now i just need the amp
                              I know I should..but I'm just not into making any elaborate recordings or writing music, etc. That why all my clips are just bits and pieces..it's ntohing serious really...I play alot more varied/different generally...have a hard time with recording though.."stagefright" I guess? :shrug:

Comment

Working...
                              X