Marshall DSL Clips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall DSL Clips

Heres a few clips i put together using a Marshall DSL 100 with a Boss EQ and Boss sd-1.

Re: Marshall DSL Clips

Nice tone. A touch of Zakk Wylde influence there? LOL Very cool.

Marshall + SD-1 = Good Tone (about 95% of the time)

What cab/speakers are you running it through?

Comment

Hey thanks man, im using the 1960A Cab 4X12, I also have a Marshall 4X10 that came with a Mosfet head. I just bought a JCM 800. All be running that stereo with the DSL. Just need to pickup a few patch cords.

Comment

Now that will sound interesting, a DSL and 800 run in stereo. Gotta hear that when you get it going. That'll mean you'll need another mic.

Comment

cool stuff but I would make the guitar(s) more clear into the mix, they sound a lot into the background to me! Are you scooping the mids? Snare drum is too loud too.

Anyway, good tone and playing!

Comment

Hey Thanks, We were kinda new at the recording thing, I have a Sure PG57 mic, its a dynamic mic but im thinkin I might go with a Sure SM57. I see that alot of people use these and get good results.

Comment

Wow man AWWWWWSOME tone. (MArshall DSL clip)
              TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Thanks alot, as i really like the DSL its a vary nice head, The JCM 800 that i just bought just has way better tone. I just cant wait to get home from work just to play the thing. I think that they just cramed to much into the DSL and something got lost. That i think go's for pedals too, Alot of the vintage pedals were made for a individual purpose. Now you see a chorus with 20 different settings. Something just seems to get lots there. Like the old saying, just keep it simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Maui
                  Thanks alot, as i really like the DSL its a vary nice head, The JCM 800 that i just bought just has way better tone. I just cant wait to get home from work just to play the thing. I think that they just cramed to much into the DSL and something got lost. That i think go's for pedals too, Alot of the vintage pedals were made for a individual purpose. Now you see a chorus with 20 different settings. Something just seems to get lots there. Like the old saying, just keep it simple.
                  Simpler is always better with Marshalls, IMO. That said, I don't know what speakers you are using in your 4x12, but alot of that "old" marshall tone is the speakers. If you run a DSL/TSL into something like GBs or a 12H they take on a avery different (and more "classic marshall" ) character.

I still liked that DSL clip though for a heavy modern tone!
                  I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Im useing the standard G12T-75 that came with the cab, I really dont mind these, Im thinkin about putting 2 V30's in a X with the G12T-75. I heard of one guy on the forums here did this and his clips sound vary good.

Comment

Originally posted by Maui
                      Im useing the standard G12T-75 that came with the cab, I really dont mind these, Im thinkin about putting 2 V30's in a X with the G12T-75. I heard of one guy on the forums here did this and his clips sound vary good.
                      Oh hell yeh man. That IS the be all and end all of perfect cab tone. Marshalls arnt really my bag any more (although i liked your clip!) i find me in recto 5150 land xd
                      PC: Windows XP/Vista, Intel Q6600 @ 3.6ghz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 1TB HDD, M-Audio 1010lt
                      DAW: Nuendo
                      Noise: 5150
                      Guitar: Palm Bay Cyclone

http://www.myspace.com/kevparsons

Comment

Working...
                      X