My first clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first clip

Well, after listening to all the great clips in here I finally made my own attempt at recording something. It's much quieter than I thought it would be, but anyway...let me know what you think.

Thanks everyone.

Scott

Re: My first clip

I'm liking it!!!.... You have a really good sense of timing! (hard to find these days)....

Jeff Seal
    ..lots and lots of toys!

"...swords and tequila, carry me through the fight!"

"I am Phil"....
    www.houstonamprepair.com

Comment

Whoa, this is a bit different.......pretty interesting. nice guitar sound ya got going......is it downtuned? Whats ya rig consist of

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Seal
        I'm liking it!!!.... You have a really good sense of timing! (hard to find these days)....

Jeff Seal

Thanks Jeff! Just like Steve Martin in "The Jerk" !

Whoa, this is a bit different.......pretty interesting. nice guitar sound ya got going......is it downtuned? Whats ya rig consist of
        Thanks Larry, yea...It's a little different from what I usually mess around with but it just kind of happened that way. It's just my stock Ibanez RGA in standard tuning, into a Presonus Inspire then into Garage Band / Logic Express. I used some of the onboard effects from Garage Band on the guitars. I just started messing with digital recording and MAN what a learning curve!

Thanks for the nice comments guys!

Comment

Oh..this is REALLY freakin cool! I love stuff like this. Excellent job

and I agree with Jeff on the timing thing.
          I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Nice feel. That sounds really nice. Perfect for the weather we're having here today (rain)...lol. Good job.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB
              Oh..this is REALLY freakin cool! I love stuff like this. Excellent job

and I agree with Jeff on the timing thing.
              Thanks very much Jeff! I have an alter ego that seems to really dig ambient / etherial stuff.

Nice feel. That sounds really nice. Perfect for the weather we're having here today (rain)...lol. Good job.
              Glad I could help set the mood Erik. Thanks for the nice words!

Comment

very nice ... i loved the tones and sparse melodic content ... the synth washes also added alot without being too much ... i thought the single note bits couldve been higher in the mix ... did you compress the fingerpicked bit any - could even it out some?

very cool - thanks for sharing it

t4d
                gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Originally posted by tone4days
                  very nice ... i loved the tones and sparse melodic content ... the synth washes also added alot without being too much ... i thought the single note bits couldve been higher in the mix ... did you compress the fingerpicked bit any - could even it out some?

very cool - thanks for sharing it

t4d

Hey t4d, thanks for taking a listen. I wrestled with the level of the single line melody part for a while. I had to mix through a VERY cheap set of headphones ( my rokit monitors should be here Monday), and the single notes tended to sound boomey so I kept them low.

As far as the compression, now that you mention it I probably should try a little more on the fingerpicked part. I tried to add enough without it sounding obvious. I don't really care for tones that have that obvious compressed sound to them but my mixing skills are in their infancy to say the least so any advise is more than welcome!

Thanks for the nice words and critical ear!

Scott

Comment

I love the peaceful atmosphere in that piece, would be perfect to listen to while you are trying to go to sleep. Well played and I commend you on the way you used the effects without overdoing it. cool
                    Originally posted by tone4days
                    we're not musicians, we're beer salesmen

Comment

Really awesome! Whenever I write clean pieces, they tend to come out really atmospheric and ambient as well. Though your's sounded more put together than mine lol.

On the mixing, I think you did a good job. I think the single-note parts sit perfectly, IMO, in a song like this. I like it when everything falls into place, flows as one, and nothing is blatantly obnoxious.
                      Gear:
                      Main Guitar Rig
                      2007 L.E. MusicMan JP-7 Blue Dawn
                      2005 Fender J.V. Strat- AirZone/SDS-1
                      80's MIJ Fender Strat- HHS- EMG85/85/SA
                      Mesa/Boogie Trem-O-Verb Dual Rectifier Head EL-34s
                      Mesa/Boogie 2x12 Recto Cab V-30s
                      Morley Limited Edition Bad Horsie Wah
                      Peterson StroboStomp Tuner

Comment

It's flowing perfect ,feels very nice ,sweet melody and nice synth.It's like the definition of good peaceful music
                        www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

Comment

Very cool Scott, there's a lot you could do with that.
                          www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
                          www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
                          http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

The lead tone reminds me a bit of Mike Stern..your playing as well.

Great clip...lovely done!
                            Originally posted by Guitarist
                            Honestly, I like Scott's words. "There is a rhythm to life. Ride the waves."

And keep in mind that while nothing lasts forever, nothing is lost.
                            http://soundcloud.com/adrian-czarnecki/tracks

Comment

Originally posted by bungalowbill
                              I love the peaceful atmosphere in that piece, would be perfect to listen to while you are trying to go to sleep. Well played and I commend you on the way you used the effects without overdoing it. cool
                              Thanks so much for listening! It took me 3 weeks to get it to that point because I kept falling asleep half-way through.

Really awesome! Whenever I write clean pieces, they tend to come out really atmospheric and ambient as well. Though your's sounded more put together than mine lol.

On the mixing, I think you did a good job. I think the single-note parts sit perfectly, IMO, in a song like this. I like it when everything falls into place, flows as one, and nothing is blatantly obnoxious.

I know what you mean, I can't help but get into that atmospheric thing when I play clean. It just kind of happens. Thanks for listening!

Very cool, chill and relaxed. Awesome job.

It's flowing perfect ,feels very nice ,sweet melody and nice synth.It's like the definition of good peaceful music
                              Thanks for taking the time to listen! I really appreciate it!

Very cool Scott, there's a lot you could do with that.

Thanks so much Robert. I'm very glad you liked it and thanks for taking the time to listen.

The lead tone reminds me a bit of Mike Stern..your playing as well.

Great clip...lovely done!

Thank you very much Strange Sound.

Comment

Working...
                              X