banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting "new" Schenker Vids (and vintage Uli too!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting "new" Schenker Vids (and vintage Uli too!)

Dancer

Pop-metal circa 1982 (though killer solo). Now what makes it intteresting is that they overdubbed Graham Bonnets voice with Gary Barden (who is singing in the vid). I've never heard this version with Gary singing before (Graham was fired before they ever toured for the album)

Also...great instrumental here Captain Nemo. Anyone recognize the rhythm guitar player? (they only show him twice)...Nuge fans should recognize him.

Armed & ready..killer solo in this one...first MSG single..

Here's some uli era Scorpions...unfortunately some German chick is talking through half of it He's a Woman, She's a Man
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Re: Interesting "new" Schenker Vids (and vintage Uli too!)

Dancer is such a choice song!!!
    The backing vox sound like the original ones .... It's hard to pull of Bonnet's vox with ease; his phrasing and his voice are so individual!!! Great example of substance over style in that song, esp the solo!!

Cptn Nemo ... what can you say? Great song, and a great introduction to neoclassical and/or Euro metal!!

Armed and Ready or Red Sky are probably tied for my favourite MSG songs ever.

ANYONE playing metal should at least own all the early Schenker material, if not be able to play some songs and solos. As important as learning Maiden!

Thanx for the links!!!!
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

got to love the old school schenker , i have had 3 flying v's because of this guy too bad i can't play them, great tone & groove !!! "assault attack is a cool cd
      Wayne Rock-legend #143 Jazz/JB
      Suhr OD-50
      Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

"Bradshaw" Moded Crybaby, Majik Box Rocket Fuel

Comment

hey guys did you check out the "lights out" clip that was bad ass!!!!!!!
        Wayne Rock-legend #143 Jazz/JB
        Suhr OD-50
        Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

"Bradshaw" Moded Crybaby, Majik Box Rocket Fuel

Comment

Also "into the arena" is worth checking out.
          "knowledge speaks,wisdom listens" Jimi Hendrix

Comment

i LOVE the solo on dancer!

michael was a kickass player! he should get his act together and start kicking ass again

Comment

I had posted Arena and lights out before, so thats why I had omitted them...

ben..yup..you are spot on about Mr. Bonnett, and that they left his backing vocal tracks there, and just put Gary up front (drowned in reverb ) I like Gary..but he lost his voice real quick...by the time Built To Destroy came out...he was "done"...First two albums and budokan were when he was at his best.

And yes "red sky"...good lord...brilliant..the doubletracking and the bazillion differnt tones he could wrestle out of such a simple setup...V..wah...delay & a marshall...he really knew how to use that wah as a tone shaper instead of an "effect"...his pickups/controls too.
              I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Oh and that was Derek St. Holmes on r-guitar...the voice of "Stranglehold" and other nuge classics

Comment

Working...
                X