Varidriver prototype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Varidriver prototype

Got myself a crazy idea today, added an extra passive tone sweeper along with the allready exisiting tonecontrol, it also has a toggle enabling two different caps for the bottomend.
    It is a more modern British voice, this shows how it sounds, well basicly, it got extremely heavy on the CM Customshop 50 used as top through a 4x12 cab..uh hehe
    As you can hear it can sweep through different voicings, it is a fat thing and mean.
    The mean part is best showed on a real amp though, I used my tuned down to D Wolfgang and my tuned down to C strat at work, for a sec I though that the cab was going to give up its ghost...
    The stoic Hiwatt on the other hand was not easily scared, it handled it with a firm hand, so I dialed the eq all to eastwise and got myself a very hotrodded newer Marshally sound.
    This small clip I used my Marshall DRP-1 and my APH-1b humbucker.

Jeff B and Erik H might like this
    Niels

Re: Varidriver prototype

I liked it
    thick, it sounds like a comptortion or a double drive from SANS AMP
    Ibanez RG7420-Evo 7-Liquifire 7
    Ibanez RG7420-Blaze Custom 7-Air Norton 7
    Ibanez RG550-Nailbomb-Nailbomb
    Jackson DXMG-Juggernaut - Juggernaut
    Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A
    Ibanez RGT42DX-BlackHawk - BlackHawk
    Fender Am Std-Holy Diver-Emerald

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
    Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Fender EVH 5510 III 50w Head + Custom 2X12 Cabinet W/ WGS Liberator Speakers.

Comment

Thanks, I will see next week, if this thing still will make me wanna go along and develope it some more

Comment

Rid, sounds kick butt, does a pretty good VH type tone. I wanna be a tester if ya need one.
        Originally posted by tone4days
        we're not musicians, we're beer salesmen

Comment

Thanks...eh EVH..hmm too modern for the old sound.
          This is at it less mean sound
          On a tubeamp it is a real beast, so it will go through some more developing before I am done, I'll stick with the sound though.

Comment

Sounds pretty good. I'd like to hear it through a mic'd up amp though. Direct recording takes away the natural ambience too much.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH
              Sounds pretty good. I'd like to hear it through a mic'd up amp though. Direct recording takes away the natural ambience too much.
              My thoughts exactly!

Good playing Rid!
              Originally posted by Guitarist
              Honestly, I like Scott's words. "There is a rhythm to life. Ride the waves."

And keep in mind that while nothing lasts forever, nothing is lost.
              http://soundcloud.com/adrian-czarnecki/tracks

Comment

Ambience??
                This way is the most unforgiving that is, hehe.
                The Hiwatt and this little SS-recordpreamp is my testers, if they can sound remotely good here, then there is hope
                It is bonedry on purpose.
                Thanks, it is great to get some feedback from here
                Niels

Comment

No problem with it being dry, that's cool. Just that natural speaker ambience is missing is all.
                  I really dig some of the stuff you've come up with. Just wish I could get one or two. It'll be a while though. With the Tele purchase, nothing new for another 6 months. That's gonna hurt...lol.

Comment

6 months with no new gear....uh I buy something new about every month, some little fun pedal or more Duncans
                    Or build some additional stuff for myself, just made a brushed steel look drive, one with fets, it is a juicy open thingy
                    Man 6 months...
                    Hehe well I'll get the studio up and running at work, just not had the time yet to do so, then I will use our Customshop50's and that big ole Hiwatt, perhaps a few other things as well, then you will get your ambience
                    Niels

Comment

Yeah, 6 months....but it's worth it for the Tele. I played it for hours the past couple days and fine-tuned the setup last night. Man it's sweet.
                      I'm lookin' forward to hearin' that HiWatt. Those things are awesome.....awesomely loud....lol.
                      I at least have some component parts and a breadboard so I can mess with some stuff. Got some FETs laying around too and have been wanting to re-breadboard my Sixteen Overdrive circuit to mess with.
                      Last edited by ErikH; 05-04-2006, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Here is a few pictures of the thing.

One more.

I just made a clip using it, I dig that look.
                        Dunno if I just should leave the surface alone?
                        P'S about FET's, try the BF256, it gives something else than the usual J201.

Comment

Nice. I love that look. Mine all look like that....but not brushed. I just pop the circuit in and write the circuit name on it. I've reused a couple enclosures recently. Right now I'm running the AMZ Mosfet Boost in one. I love that pedal. It's perfect for pushing a Marshall.

Is that a Sansamp off to the right in the other pic?

Comment

Heh yeah I reuse alot of enclosures as well, repaint them or brush them.
                            AMZ mosfet boost, it does sound rather good for that amp pushing duty
                            No not a Sansamp, an AMT dist station
                            A Sibyrian creation(knockoff)
                            Hehe

Comment

...or just wipe off the marker and relabel it again.
                              I've tried so many boosters with my Marshall I've lost count...lol. The ones that work best with it are the AMZ Mosfet Boost and one I did that's taken from the front end of a JCM800 preamp, only one JFET.

Comment

Working...
                              X