Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The shadow over innsmouth

Here's a new tune.
    Had the intro and the 'refrain' for a while an finished the whole thing after reading The shadow over innsmouth =).
    Had a problem finding the right genre for this in soundclick.=/

click on hi-fi or lo-fi if you want to listen =)
    enjoy =)

Re: The shadow over innsmouth

I have not listened yet, but good to see a Lovecraft fan!

That's one of my fave stories of his.
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

yeah lovecraft just rules

Comment

Very cool. mood of the music fits the story well

I'm a recent addition to New England, and it still to this day creeps me out driving around Connecticut and Mass. I now see so much of the landscapes and towns and whatnot he described...there are several places I've been to that are very much like Innsmouth for example.

EDIT: of course I realize his towns and cities like Innsmouth, Dunwich and Arkham are made up...but they fit the descriptions of New England perfectly.
        I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB
          Very cool. mood of the music fits the story well

Originally posted by JeffB
          I'm a recent addition to New England, and it still to this day creeps me out driving around Connecticut and Mass. I now see so much of the landscapes and towns and whatnot he described...there are several places I've been to that are very much like Innsmouth for example.
          His way of describing landscapes was just unique =)

Comment

Very cool mood ,and nice melodies/licks....and a cool backround!!!
            www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

Comment

interesting sounds. I need to download and listen in my player more, but it seems to have what every band lacks these days: dynamics!

Comment

Originally posted by daemon barbeque
                Very cool mood ,and nice melodies/licks....and a cool backround!!!
                thank you =)

Originally posted by dankstar
                interesting sounds. I need to download and listen in my player more, but it seems to have what every band lacks these days: dynamics!
                thank you ,too.
                it's not that dynamic that i wanted it. But i don't know how to turn volumes of certain parts down in Kristal(my recording software).so every part ist at the same volume =/
                Last edited by Muhri; 05-03-2006, 02:50 PM.

Comment

*push* come on =)
                  listen to it and write something:P

Comment

DAMN! That captures that story perfectly. Amazing job man. I am absolutely huge lovecraft fan. Just a great, great job on that.

Also, since your a Lovecraft fan. If your looking for some Lovecraft inspired music. Check out Electric Masada(beware, this is not for the weak) the guitar player is Marc Ribot, John Zorn on sax, two drum players. It's really insane stuff. But honestly, this makes Mahavishnu Orchestra seem VERY, VERY normal.

EDIT: The album is called 'At the Mountains of Madness'(one of my favorite lovecraft stories). I have been thinking of recording a song based on "The Music of Erich Zann", what scale/scales were you using?
                    Last edited by SpeedDemon; 05-05-2006, 06:42 AM.
                    Originally posted by Kyuss_Rock
                    Thats what I like to hear. Family massacre heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
                      DAMN! That captures that story perfectly. Amazing job man. I am absolutely huge lovecraft fan. Just a great, great job on that.

Also, since your a Lovecraft fan. If your looking for some Lovecraft inspired music. Check out Electric Masada(beware, this is not for the weak) the guitar player is Marc Ribot, John Zorn on sax, two drum players. It's really insane stuff. But honestly, this makes Mahavishnu Orchestra seem VERY, VERY normal.

EDIT: The album is called 'At the Mountains of Madness'(one of my favorite lovecraft stories). I have been thinking of recording a song based on "The Music of Erich Zann", what scale/scales were you using?
                      thanks i'm always open to new music=)
                      that erich zann story rules=)
                      Did you wrote the song,yet?=) would like to hear it=)

on the ''chorus'' and the two ''verses'' i used c-melodic-minor i think.
                      On that more quiet part i used c-melodic-minor + notes from the chords if i remember right.

thank you that you like it =)

Comment

Working...
                      X