Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tele with Antiquities

custom ash tele with Antiquities, through '56 tweed Deluxe amp:

this is not a typical "spanky" tele tone - I always sound bluesy to myself - but I'll offer no further apologies, they're just raw clips to demo the Antiquities that have been mentioned a lot lately

Peace
    "music heals"
    facebook

Re: tele with Antiquities

ok birthday pickup boy those sound excellent. Good job bro.. nice Robert Johnson vibe on that mid2 clip

I like the middle tone a lot. The bridge is twangy but warm, and your neck sound has a lot of body compared to many other tele neck pickups. Sweet.
    My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

Sweet tone Curly. That tele looks very nice. What amp were you using?

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
        ok birthday pickup boy those sound excellent. Good job bro.. nice Robert Johnson vibe on that mid2 clip

I like the middle tone a lot. The bridge is twangy but warm, and your neck sound has a lot of body compared to many other tele neck pickups. Sweet.
        haha, hey, Stevo ... another one of my tele mentors!

thanks...
        I agree totally with your assessment!
        the neck gets warm and smooth when pushed, the mid position is surprisingly good, and the bridge has great harmonics ... I agree with what Lew said - the bridge is a little brighter than a JD, but again, great harmonics, and still plenty of punch ...
        very well balanced as a set

Originally posted by Cory_Dylan
        Sweet tone Curly. That tele looks very nice. What amp were you using?
        thanks kindly..

the amp is a '56 Fender tweed Deluxe:

I just feel that amp is right for the Antiquities
        "music heals"
        facebook

Comment

mm... i'm a fender guy without a fender
          but not for long!!! i'm sellin the marshall n gettin a fender... i can't decide wich one tho... likely deluxe reverb... how's that blues junior with JJs and a speaker replacement? i'd save some serious money on that if it can match higher end fenders

edit: just thought i'd add.. i'll most likely be replacing the tubes and speakers in any fender i get
          Last edited by Cory_Dylan; 06-05-2004, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Cory,
            depending on your needs, the B Jr, the Deluxe Reverb,and the Bassman RI are all great, as well as several of the other RI's, such as the Super Reverb and Pro Reverb

I'd say determine your power requirements, set a realistic budget, do your research, and ask here and on the Fender Forum for some input from others.
            "music heals"
            facebook

Comment

Gary, once again I gotta say I love you're playing, and you're tone. I think I'm gonna buy a tele just to put some Ants in it. Oh, and your Fender Delux looks almost identical to my old Gibson. Alot of wear in the same places.
              This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

nice playing. personally, i didnt care for the tone on the first set of clips, thought it was very muddy and very bassy.

the second set though i loved! got an allman type feel, especially with what i think is a e major scale......(could be wrong, but it does have an allmans type sound)
                esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
                fender mim standard strat
                peavey classic 30
                johnson j-station
                original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
                dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
                yamaha f-310p acoustic
                taylor 410 acoustic
                "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

Hey Curly! Thanks for the tones. I got an Antiquity Tele (b) and a Fralin Blues Special (n) from Lew a few months ago. Real, real nice sounding stuff! Like that Tweed tone as well!
                  "One other thing... I think it rips through your clothes when it takes you over...."
                  R.J. MacReady, John Carpenter's The Thing

http://www.myspace.com/PegasusActualMusic
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dzNCgX0QW0

http://www.soundclick.com/randymcfarland
                  http://www.soundclick.com/randotones

Comment

rh,
                    thanks kindly ...
                    I thought Xerxes was right .. the amp did get a little muddy, but it's been acting up lately that's life with a tweed amp sometimes

I also have a BS neck, but haven't tried it yet. I noticed it has similar specs to an SD Vintage Rhythm.

I have a long way to go learning tele tone, but it should be a lot of fun along the way.

Take care,
                    Gary
                    "music heals"
                    facebook

Comment

Thanks for the clips.. I liked the tone of the antiquities a lot. (can't really pinpoint what exactly.. just their general "mojo".)
                      -Alex

*Proud Owner and Player of Guage guitars, Warmoth guitars, and Orange amps*

Originally posted by HamerPlyr
                      I'm already wearing the costume, and Fredericks of Hollywood on the corset and also on the panties, which, of course, have the "convenience crotch".

Comment

thanks for posting these samples Curly.

they sound REALLY warm. How much is this due to the amp and how to the pickups.

I mean, is your amp typically warm with other guitars as well?

Thanks

Marin
                        °
                        my stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Marinblues
                          is your amp typically warm with other guitars as well?
                          Marin,
                          thanks
                          yes, it's a warm amp ...
                          here's another short clip:

check the first clip, "clean"

I think it's been distorting more than usual, too, but I felt it best represented the vintage vibe of the Antiquity pickups
                          "music heals"
                          facebook

Comment

haha, that's pretty funny, Lee ....

I guess, you do the chords, and I'll do the melody ..
                            that's probably a lot harder, doing it reverse like that, rather than just jamming the lead over a rhythm track

I'm going to do some clips with my Blues Jr to represent maybe a little more typical tone, without the added overdrive of the tweed amp
                            "music heals"
                            facebook

Comment

Man I so love your sound...makes me go all mellow and relax.
                              That amp is a gem.
                              And that Tele is fat and great sounding.

Comment

Working...
                              X