Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: More testing new drives..

Or use one of these
    and put a 4148 or something alike over the +- legs, remove the two other legs and solder thinner legs onto the +- legs, the 4148diode should be with the marker away from the + leg...hmm I think so..hehe I'll see if I have any of them around.
    Yep away from the + leg, we use RB154 bridge rectifier, it is used in the Quattros double drive, it gives a very even and very present sound, love it.
    And it is usually very quiet too.

Comment

A diode rectifier? Great idea. I wondered how they'd work in pedal circuits. My Marshall JCM900 MkIII has one in the preamp. The Gain Sensitivity control controls the amount of signal going through it. It sits right between V1 and V2 in the circuit.

Comment

We use it like this.

Sorry aboutthe quality, I have not learned all the secrets of this camera

Comment

Hmmm, kinda hard to tell what's going there but I got the idea. What do you do with the other two legs? Just snip them off and leave them be?

Comment

Yep they have no functions in this setup
            Just the + and - leg are used with the diode soldered between the legs.
            All in all it gives 5 diodes
            Lol.
            Or get some BF256 fets and snip the middle leg and use them as clip diodes, very tubelike and sweet.
            Or use a BC549 fet and use the middle and left leg, D the top of that D letter is
            how the fet looks like from above, the top of the letter is left.

Comment

I've got some J201's, MPF102's and a NTE458 or two laying around when it comes to fets. Haven't tried them as clipping diodes yet. Clip off the Source and use the Drain and Gate?

No diode rectifiers on hand but that doesn't mean I can't arrange diodes in such a fashion. I've heard that would work.

Man, you've given me some ideas.

Comment

Just bend the legs, may become abit expensive just nipping away
                Yeah drain and gate, then it works like a diode
                Glad to be of some help.
                Niels

Comment

Working...
                X