My first CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first CD

It took me over a year to do this but it's PAID FOR!!! Here's the link let me know what you think. Also keep in mind that neither my bass player or myself are vocalist, but someone has to do it right??

Re: My first CD

Originally posted by walt
    It took me over a year to do this but it's PAID FOR!!! Here's the link let me know what you think. Also keep in mind that neither my bass player or myself are vocalist, but someone has to do it right??

http://www.soundclick.com/alteregous
    You got a cool late/60's - early/70's vibe ..but modernized. ..I do think your vocalist lacks a bit of charisma. ..Still, very nice!
    A link to the VERY LIMITED (Ladies) OPETH G-String!! ..Act Now!!!:bigthumb:
    This black g-string underwear has the famous "O" logo that Opeth has been using for some time now. The logo is silk screened onto the g-string and looks very sharp in yellow against the black field. ..These are a one-size-fits-most.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ
      You got a cool late/60's - early/70's vibe ..but modernized. ..I do think your vocalist lacks a bit of charisma. ..Still, very nice!
      Thanks for the input. We tried auditioning several vocalist but the ones who passed the audition disappeared, the ones that wanted the gig were worst than us. We decided to bite the bullet or the project would never get done.

Anyone else??

Comment

Wow, I guess I must really suck, Russ was the only person kind enough to give a post. Oh well, I just wanted a little insight. Thanks anyway.

Comment

vocalist was alright, not bad....defiantely a modernized 70s sound, i dig it
          http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
          >cord<
          1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

I've tried to get the clips to play several times but no luck.
            My Bands -
            https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
            www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
            www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
            GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage
              I've tried to get the clips to play several times but no luck.
              try downloading the soundclick mp3 player (it's free). It should work. Anyone else having trouble let me know as I want folks to hear it.

Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by flank
                vocalist was alright, not bad....defiantely a modernized 70s sound, i dig it
                Thanks, the cd has a lot of "rock varations (sp)" Autumn is my pride and joy. The piano and orgestration was done on a GR-30 guitar synth.

Comment

Out of the three I liked Move it Out the best, then Wanna Be, then Autumn.

The solo on Move it Out was the best solo to my ears- nice job, the vocals were good on that one too. Autumn drug on a little too much for me and the vocals on it sounded a little strange- almost Gary Moore (Law of the Jungle) like. I think that tune is long enough without the Prelude intro IMO.

Overall, I thought it was all very well done. The other guys are right- it does sound like something from the early 70s. Did you use just one mic on the drums? How ever you did it I thought the drum sound was nice. The guitar tones were solid and the playing was tasty. Good job. I can tell you guys spent some time recording those.
                  MY MUSIC

When the going get's tough I get a machinegun.

Comment

Originally posted by RGN
                    Out of the three I liked Move it Out the best, then Wanna Be, then Autumn.

The solo on Move it Out was the best solo to my ears- nice job, the vocals were good on that one too. Autumn drug on a little too much for me and the vocals on it sounded a little strange- almost Gary Moore (Law of the Jungle) like. I think that tune is long enough without the Prelude intro IMO.

Overall, I thought it was all very well done. The other guys are right- it does sound like something from the early 70s. Did you use just one mic on the drums? How ever you did it I thought the drum sound was nice. The guitar tones were solid and the playing was tasty. Good job. I can tell you guys spent some time recording those.
                    Thanks for the feedback. We used 2 over head mics, and mic the toms, bass, and snare seperately. The bass was run direct and the guitar parts were run direct thru a POD Pro. The only overdubs done were the backing rythmns during the solos, and vocals. Everything else was done live.

Comment

Working...
                    X