Quick experiment with NI Hardcore Bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick experiment with NI Hardcore Bass

Hey guys , just using hardcore bass at the moment at an experimental stage as i know abso nothing about it really yet- it seems to sound pretty good though! So here's two tracks (one with guitars and one without) so you can see how it sits maybe (i know the mixing's shoddy as ive only really just begun with all this stuff but if you can give me any pointers as to where it seriously fails- go forth lol!) Probably the last clip of the useless VS100 before the funf eins funf null arrives in town :heh:

with guitars

without guitars

Kev
    PC: Windows XP/Vista, Intel Q6600 @ 3.6ghz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 1TB HDD, M-Audio 1010lt
    DAW: Nuendo
    Noise: 5150
    Guitar: Palm Bay Cyclone

http://www.myspace.com/kevparsons

Re: Quick experiment with NI Hardcore Bass

Originally posted by Kev
    Hey guys , just using hardcore bass at the moment at an experimental stage as i know abso nothing about it really yet- it seems to sound pretty good though! So here's two tracks (one with guitars and one without) so you can see how it sits maybe (i know the mixing's shoddy as ive only really just begun with all this stuff but if you can give me any pointers as to where it seriously fails- go forth lol!) Probably the last clip of the useless VS100 before the funf eins funf null arrives in town :heh:

with guitars

www.omission.fireway.co.uk/IOFAmbient.mp3

without guitars

www.omission.fireway.co.uk/IOFBacking.mp3

Kev
    Bring the bass up in the mix. On first listen, I hardly noticed the eighth note riff with the guitars in there.

How much are you adding to the backing track? Bass only? Guitars and bass? Guitars, glockenspiel and bass? Help us out, Kev.

- Keith
    Originally posted by ImmortalSix
    I am just jug the merlot

Comment

ok Keith, just brought it up a bit. What you think overall now? All i added to the backing track were guitar tracks and some crowd ambience- is that what you mean mate?
      Last edited by Kev; 05-16-2006, 07:20 AM.
      PC: Windows XP/Vista, Intel Q6600 @ 3.6ghz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 1TB HDD, M-Audio 1010lt

Comment

I think the levels are better now. Good overall mix. Love to hear that bass. So what was the equipment used?
        Originally posted by ImmortalSix
        I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Originally posted by KGMESSIER
          I think the levels are better now. Good overall mix. Love to hear that bass. So what was the equipment used?
          well, 2 guitar parts in ocatves recorded through the vs100 (and four tracks total) Bass was of course this new hardcore bass library i have got hold of recently, and for drums i used a few good samples- the bass kick is andy sneaps, the snare is a combination of stratovarius and pantera, and the cymbals and hatts are just some good ones i had lying around.

Kev

Comment

Working...
          X