banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone seen John Petrucci's Rock Discipline DVD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone seen John Petrucci's Rock Discipline DVD?

Is it worth the $40.00? How 'bout this Tony Burnett ad in the mags for Tony's Killer Pro Soloing video pkg? Hey, at 42 I need all the legitimate shortcuts I can get!
    Seymour Duncans I've owned: Dimebucker, '59n, '59b, PG+n, JB, Phat Cat, PGn, Custom, Seth Lover, '78.

Re: Anyone seen John Petrucci's Rock Discipline DVD?

From what I've heard, it's worth every penny.

Comment

yeh the JP one is meant to be great

but only if ur really into JP and prog metal
      Guitars:
      Ernie Ball/Music Man Sillhouette Special (custom wound Blue Velvets, JB bridge), Ibanez RG3120 (PAFPro neck, Tone Zone), Gibson V (Seth in Neck, C5 in bridge), Fender Highway 1 Stratocaster (Stock)
      Amps:
      Mesa Boogie Mark III Simulcass Head, Marshall JMP-1, Mesa Boogie 50/50, Trace Elliot Tramp

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSteve
        Is it worth the $40.00? How 'bout this Tony Burnett ad in the mags for Tony's Killer Pro Soloing video pkg? Hey, at 42 I need all the legitimate shortcuts I can get!
        Worth every cent, I think. I don't have the DVD, I have it on videotape. I guess its the same material.

JP shows some nice exercises and warm-ups, as well as getting into some specifics about his playing.

Much better than the Malmsteen REH video, where he shows you how to play 20 examples...doesn't show anything about how to integrate those moves into a song or anything else.

The JP video is a great lesson on technique...kinna what I'd expect if I went to him for a lesson and said...'How can I build my technique?'

I'd like for him to come out with a video on theory and how he applies it to his playing...he's a great teacher...I think we need a JP guitar playing method!

Four stars outta four from me!

Farkus
        2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
        1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

Comment

I got it recently also. Its focus is mainly on technique and it has enough content to definitely give practice drills for a long time. Starts off easy and goes warp speed by the end. I had the video from kazaa, but you really need the tab book so I had to buy it. I recommend it.
          Last edited by presa_tito; 06-09-2004, 08:56 AM.

Comment

from what i hear from u guys i gotta get it.Dream theater rocks.
            Gear: Carvin CT6 flame top(alnico 2 pro,JB), Strat scappoled fretboard(59,CC), Morgan monroe ovation knock-off, yamaha nylon acoustic,Boss super overdrive with TS-808 "silver" analogman mod, Boss DS-1 with keeley mod, Vox wah with true bypass mod, Fender Super Reverb 65.

Originally Posted by Jeff_H
            The APH is like slipping into a tub of warm honey spashed with the silky essence of virgins.

Comment

No. Get Michael Angelo Batio's "Speed Kills"-video instead. It's funny as hell too.

Seriously, i haven't seen the Petrucci video.
              "Dave, what are your thoughts on AIDS?"
              "You're talking about sex, right? Hell, i don't need no aids!" -Dave Mustaine

Comment

Michael Angelo's Speed Kills is a great instruction DVD for shredding technique. I got it because it was half the price of Rock Discipline. And I concur, it is funny as hell.
                Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

Working...
                X