Solo yay or nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solo yay or nay?

Ive been working on my pop soloing these days, i have an assignment by a teacher to work out an 8 bar solo for this tune, what do you guys think? Lemme hear your feedback

Ty

its under "solo 1"
    Guitars:
    G&L Legacy Special
    Amps:
    Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
    Effects:
    Keeley Compressor, FulltoneFulldrive II, TC Electronics Nova Delay

Re: Solo yay or nay?

I can't get through with that link bro. I don't know if it's just my broswer or what, but I can't get in.

Comment

Lets try this
      Guitars:
      G&L Legacy Special
      Amps:
      Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
      Effects:

Comment

oh yeah! ... i liked it alot ... it featured 2 or 3 instances of my favorite thing to hear in a solo ... namely, some "WTF notes" that catch my ear and resolve very interestingly instead of only predictable lines

very very nicely done, friend

t4d
        gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Thanks t4d! that means alot! Ive really been trying to work on "melody" these days and get away from quoting other guitar players . . . .

Ty
          Guitars:
          G&L Legacy Special
          Amps:
          Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
          Effects:

Comment

bump
            Guitars:
            G&L Legacy Special
            Amps:
            Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
            Effects:

Comment

I liked it too! I really liked the notes which reolved themselves. Almost like a 2nd or 4th, but then not. I dunno what you call them.

Regardless, I wasn't really digging the reverb. It sounded either too late or too soon (I can't decide). I think it might sound better with a slightly closer reverb on it, although I'm not sure. None at all may sound too hollow, I dunno.

But very nice though dude!

Comment

Upon relistening to it, the solo may not fit the tempo of the song entirely. I can't tell, but it seems like the song is moving like twice as fast as your solo is. The transition just doesn't seem right. I guess I'd have to hear the whole song I guess.
                Also, the reverb isn't bad at all. The drum-track is kinda lame, but that's not your fault obviously.

Comment

It sounds good to me. Definitely fits the pop music with guitar solo genre, e.g. Bryan Adams, etc.
                  My Soundclick

Comment

Nice. You wouldn't be a Harem Scarem fan by chance would you? Some of the note choices sound very much like Pete Lesperance.
                    GUITARS
                    STRATS: Custom Strat - Lil 59/Classic Stack/Hot Stack, Jackson Fusion - C5/JB Jr/JB Jr, Kramer Pacer Custom - CC/SSL-1/SSL-1, Schecter V-1 Plus - C5/SSL-6/SSL-6, VH1 Strat - 59, Fender Partsocaster - C/PG hybrids

LESTERS: Edwards Sykes Custom - DD/DD, Edwards Custom V/white - JB/59, Burny Floyd Rose Les Paul
                    AMPS
                    Engl Screamer 50 combo + V112 Cab, Splawn Competition, Marshall 1982A & 1982B, Marshall 1960A.

Comment

Working...
                    X