Reb Beach and Doug Aldrich clips!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reb Beach and Doug Aldrich clips!!!!!

I was at a guitar clinic last night featuring Reb and Doug who are 2 of my favourite players. It was a fantastic 2 hour show and I was priviliged to hang out with the guys after the show. Here's yours truly with the guys.

They are both real cool and down to earth and of course superb guitarists!! I recorded a couple of short clips (sorry about the quality, they are off my stills camera)

Reb played his Koa Suhr through a Custom Audio Electronics OD100, while Doug played a couple of his Les Pauls through an Engl SE EL34. He also used a Digitech 'Jimi Hendrix' wah/octave pedal. Although different flavours, both of them had monster tone!!!

Enjoy the clips

http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d5...urrent=Reb.flv

http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d5...rrent=Doug.flv
    Last edited by Rocker35; 05-27-2006, 06:45 PM.
    GUITARS
    STRATS: Custom Strat - Lil 59/Classic Stack/Hot Stack, Jackson Fusion - C5/JB Jr/JB Jr, Kramer Pacer Custom - CC/SSL-1/SSL-1, Schecter V-1 Plus - C5/SSL-6/SSL-6, VH1 Strat - 59, Fender Partsocaster - C/PG hybrids

LESTERS: Edwards Sykes Custom - DD/DD, Edwards Custom V/white - JB/59, Burny Floyd Rose Les Paul
    AMPS
    Engl Screamer 50 combo + V112 Cab, Splawn Competition, Marshall 1982A & 1982B, Marshall 1960A.

Re: Reb Beach and Doug Aldrich clips!!!!!

I saw them playing together with Whitesnake 2 years ago...great musicians!
    and I saw Doug many times with Dio
    His pentatonic legato licks are as flashy as those played by Gary Moore and Zakk Wylde (though I don't like Zakk Wylde, his guitar playing is ****in' amazing)

edit: I see Engl logo in your avatar. The other day I tried the E 530 preamp...I have never played anything like it before. I have already started collecting money

Comment

Thats awsome! Aldrich is one of my Fav's.

Comment

Cool stuff. The latest live Whitesnake video sounded great. Reb and Doug had monster tones on it.

Are you tall? Reb looks about 6" shorter than you.
        My Soundclick

Comment

Originally posted by budalash
          I saw them playing together with Whitesnake 2 years ago...great musicians!
          and I saw Doug many times with Dio
          His pentatonic legato licks are as flashy as those played by Gary Moore and Zakk Wylde (though I don't like Zakk Wylde, his guitar playing is ****in' amazing)

edit: I see Engl logo in your avatar. The other day I tried the E 530 preamp...I have never played anything like it before. I have already started collecting money

I'd say his legato licks leave Gary Moore and Zakk Wylde in the shade because it's so clean it' s unbelievable!!! I've been into Doug's playing since the late 80's and it's a crime that he isn't better known!!!

Pleased to see you liked the Engl - they are great amps!!!
          GUITARS
          STRATS: Custom Strat - Lil 59/Classic Stack/Hot Stack, Jackson Fusion - C5/JB Jr/JB Jr, Kramer Pacer Custom - CC/SSL-1/SSL-1, Schecter V-1 Plus - C5/SSL-6/SSL-6, VH1 Strat - 59, Fender Partsocaster - C/PG hybrids

LESTERS: Edwards Sykes Custom - DD/DD, Edwards Custom V/white - JB/59, Burny Floyd Rose Les Paul
          AMPS
          Engl Screamer 50 combo + V112 Cab, Splawn Competition, Marshall 1982A & 1982B, Marshall 1960A.

Comment

Originally posted by myxolidian
            Cool stuff. The latest live Whitesnake video sounded great. Reb and Doug had monster tones on it.

Are you tall? Reb looks about 6" shorter than you.

I'm a big guy - 6'4" and 240lbs. Doug probably comes in around 6' with Reb a bit shorter. Funny thing was, when we first got together for the photo, Reb was sitting down and said, "hang on, I'll stand up". He looked around, saw me standing and said " ummm, maybe I'll stay seated...." followed by a great laugh - the guy is a total comedian!!!
            GUITARS

AMPS

Comment

yeah Engl amps are great. The only other brand I would consider is Brunetti. The same price range as Mesa Boogie, but nicer sound (at least for my taste)

Comment

Working...
              X