Counting out 32nd notes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counting out 32nd notes.

Can anyone tell me how to slylabicly count out 32nd note i have kind of locked into the rythym when playing them with a meteronome but if i had a way to count them in syllables it would make my life easier. Thanks.
    Guitars:EJ Strat, PRS SE Bernie Marsden (with Bare Knuckle Mules), PRS SE Custom 24 Floyd (with Joe Satriani set) PRS SE Zach Myers (Totally Customized for me with Dimarzio Air Classics),Carvin CS6, Gretsch 5422, Taylor 612 ce. Amp:Limited Edition Blues Junior (W/ Eminence Canibis-Rex Speaker ). Effects: Fulltone Full-drive Mosfet 2, Strymon Timeline, TC Electronic Vortex Flanger, Golden Cello Distortion Pedal.

"I am not ashamed of the good news of JESUS CHRIST"
    CHRIST

Re: Counting out 32nd notes.

ONEmadiddle wamadiddle TWOmadiddle wamadiddle THREEmadiddle wamadiddle FOURmadiddle wamadiddle
    gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

The first thing I would do is double up on the metronome... in other words, if you are playing at 100 bpm, set the metronome for 200 bpm, then each beat is an eighth note instead of a quarter note... does that make sense?

As for phonemes for counting... my jr high band teacher gave us these and I still use them

quarters: one... one... one... one...
      eighths : wonder... wonder...
      triplets: wonderful... wonderful...
      sixteenths: wonderfully... wonderfully...

Then if you double up on the metronome as I mentioned above, you can use "wonderfully" for 32nd notes
      Rick
      (the original Rick James!)

Sing unto Him a new song; play skillfully with a LOUD noise. Psalm 33:3
      Lincoln Brewster Kutless Newsboys Third Day David Crowder U2

Comment

You can just double up the standard syllables:

eights: 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 &, etc...
        triplets: trip - eh - let OR
        1 & a 2 & a, etc... Pronounced One AND UH
        16ths: 1 e & a 2 e & a 3 e & a, etc... Pronounced One EE AND UH
        So, for 16th not triplets, just make the "and" another count:
        Trip - eh - let & - eh - let OR
        1 & a & & a 2 & a & & a (yeah, this one has alot of ands, can probably get confusing)
        So, for 32nd notes, I usually count them 1 e & a & e & a, etc... (again, it looks confusing on paper, but works when you are counting it). Of course, 32nds are hard to count once you start moving at any decent speed, then you mostly need to concentrate on making sure the 1/4 notes stay on the beat.

Hope this helps more than hurts...

Comment

i didnt think we were talking about triplets here .. if so, i think you are looking for:

meedly weedly deedly meedly weedly deedly meedly weedly deedly meedly weedly deedly meedly weedly deedly meedly weedly deedly meedly weedly deedly meedly weedly deedly AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH !!!!! </strong bad>
          gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Working...
          X