Randy Rhoads style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randy Rhoads style

this may be a dumb question, but does anyone know what scales randy rhoads uses. or if not could they point me in the right direction on how to find out. thanks.

Re: Randy Rhoads style

Randy was classically influenced, so I would start learning the minor scales and modes. Aeolian, Dorian, Harmonic minor, etc.....on some of his tunes and especially the solo to "Revelation Mother Earth" he sounds like a classical violinist. I'm sure someone who is a Randy fanatic will chime in with more info.
    Originally posted by tone4days
    we're not musicians, we're beer salesmen

Comment

Originally posted by Perry D
      this may be a dumb question, but does anyone know what scales randy rhoads uses. or if not could they point me in the right direction on how to find out. thanks.
      I wouldn't worry too much about what scales people use. I think that's too analytical. I can memorize the scales, and know where the notes are on the fretboard, but random notes within a scale isn't going to sound musical. I know that's not what you meant, but it's how I feel sometimes with the scales discussions. Pumping out notes along a scale won't make you as good or better than RR.

As for RR, he was classically trained.
      Last edited by neosadist; 06-22-2006, 03:38 PM.
      My Music Page
      Originally posted by vinterland
      I don't know how he made his guitar sound like a carnival ride but he managed to.
      Gear: Hot-Rodded ESP LTD EC-100QM; 1972 Fender Twin Reverb; Boss ME-50 Multieffects Board; Ovation Celebrity Custom CS247; Ibanez RX240 two classic stacks and a JB trembucker <- next project

Comment

i wasnt really lookin for something to be better or good as or anything like that. i was just lookin for some more research for me to do. im always about learnin something new. it just happens to be rhoads material this time around.

Comment

He used, minor scale, blues, and mixolydian/blues hybrid often.
          TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
          X