Pod Xt Live - blues test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pod Xt Live - blues test

In the end, I went for the Podxt Live. I'm just another victim of Line6 marketing

Here's my first test run:

My initial impression is that it has a really weird feel. I need getting used to it. I might actually read the manual!

Marin
    °
    my stuff

Re: Pod Xt Live - blues test

Marin:

In my opinion, you are suffering from fizz.... it's a known problem with the pods and other modelers from other companies (GNX4) and it's a big controversy as well. Some people hear it and some people don't......I happen to hear it.

There are ways to eliminate it with more gear usually an eq or or sonic maximizer or combat it by mixing it out.

Check out Line 6's own forum and search for "fizz" .

It's my opinion that your playing is incredible and should not have this fizz in it caused by the pod!
    http://guitarcomputer.com

Comment

The fizz can be notched out really easy with a parametic eq, or if you wanna get rid of it when playing into a PA or amp, use the onboard eq to roll off everything over 9.3k or whatever. It does noticeably change the sound a bit, but losing the fizz makes it worth it.
      Schecter C-1 elite(alt-5, Fullshred)
      Fender Strat (Jb jr, ssl-2)
      Mesa Boogie Rectoverb
      Marshall 1960a
      Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Comment

Awesome playing.. wah wah isnt that great though.. (not a fan in the first place, take no offense)
        Originally posted by BigAlTheBird
        I just got oiixed in the mung by a Canadian.

Timmy - 1
        Andrew - None

Comment

The POD xt Live has alot of eq potential built in. Keep at it.

What amp setting(s) are you using?

OTOH, I was getting a weird response from my favorite Vox setting last night. I need to get it out again and do some tweaking. It might not have been the POD, though. I was having problems with the Dynacomp, too. The jack on my Parker might be acting up too. I need to do some trouble-shooting before Sunday.
          Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
          https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
          Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Originally posted by Fretology
            Marin:

In my opinion, you are suffering from fizz.... it's a known problem with the pods and other modelers from other companies (GNX4) and it's a big controversy as well. Some people hear it and some people don't......I happen to hear it.

There are ways to eliminate it with more gear usually an eq or or sonic maximizer or combat it by mixing it out.

Check out Line 6's own forum and search for "fizz" .

It's my opinion that your playing is incredible and should not have this fizz in it caused by the pod!

Interesting....I'll do a search on the web. I must say that the POD doesn't play "out of the box" as, for example, Boss does. I've been tweaking it a bit and I am begining to get better sounds. I don't understand why the sell the unit with such crappy patches.

thanks

M.
            °
            my stuff

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyPage
              Awesome playing.. wah wah isnt that great though.. (not a fan in the first place, take no offense)
              Oh, absolutely not. Line6 made it after all.

Interesting enough, I thought the wha was one of the POD's strongest points. Hey, after alll....100 people = 100 tastes.

thanks

M.
              °
              my stuff

Comment

I Understand why........it's a money maker so you'll buy their patch packs.

I couldn't get the sound I wanted until I bought one of the packs....and that just helped me to see things a little better now I got what I was looking for.

All in all it sounds better than anything else I have tried it just takes some tweaking.

Comment

Originally posted by LesStrat

The POD xt Live has alot of eq potential built in. Keep at it.

What amp setting(s) are you using?

OTOH, I was getting a weird response from my favorite Vox setting last night. I need to get it out again and do some tweaking. It might not have been the POD, though. I was having problems with the Dynacomp, too. The jack on my Parker might be acting up too. I need to do some trouble-shooting before Sunday.
                  I used the SLO 100 with a low gain setting. I must say that at first sight, it appears to be more of a entertainment tool than a professional modeller. I mean when I look at the sw interface, CustomTones, the manual, ecc....it's really geared towards the consumer rather than the pro user.

I'm a "consumer", so I am having fun at the moment. I must admit that tweaking a good tone is less immediate than what I would have expected. If I like it, I might go for the Bass Modelling pack as well (for my bass),

thanks

M.
                  °
                  my stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Fretology
                    I Understand why........it's a money maker so you'll buy their patch packs.

I couldn't get the sound I wanted until I bought one of the packs....and that just helped me to see things a little better now I got what I was looking for.

All in all it sounds better than anything else I have tried it just takes some tweaking.
                    which Packs did you buy?
                    °
                    my stuff

Comment

I bought the metal shop pack

Comment

Great playing man! I just recently started getting into blues guitar, great track! I've been jammin to your backing track that you posted not to long ago.
                        Originally posted by ratherdashing
                        Ah yes, a Gibsom Res Paur. Good fortune comes to buyer!

Comment

You still sound like.....erm Marin
                          POD or no POD, still tasty playing and a sound that works
                          Niels
                          P'S they are toys, but fun ones

Comment

Yeah, I usually take off the highs from between 8.5 K and 9.something K (subjective to what I'm trying to achieve) when recording distorted guitars with my guitar port (basically a podXT 'light') and I find it really helps. I find killing lows from 100 hz maybe a little lower on the guitars (again, subjective) also helps to leave more space for the bass drum + bass. That's about all the EQing I ever find necessary, unless I've chosen an unsuitable tone for the track.

Sounds good Marin. It's pretty cool having everything at your feet and not needing a million cables, stompboxes, batteries/power adapters, amps etc...
                            My clips

Originally posted by Rid
                            How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

Weird. My settings worked in church this morning.
                              Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                              https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
                              Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Working...
                              X