Unchain The Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unchain The Night

Here's a link to a cover my band did of the classic Dokken track, Unchain the Night. It is included on a tribute CD that was just released by Adrenaline Records. (www.adrenaline.it) Hope you enjoy it!!

Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Re: Unchain The Night

Right on, Bro! I liked your interpretation. It sounds like you've worked on your Lynch chops. The solo sounded great - very smooth, and I dug the mixing up of guitar tones during the lead.

Are you using the Demon on rhythm? It sounds full but not harsh. Reminds me of the Lynch Mob 2nd CD rhythm tone.

Thumbs-up on the flange swell before the final chorus. Sounded just like the original.

You've inspired me to keep working on my mixture of cover/originals on my new Cakewalk. I'm 60 seconds into "Into the Lungs of Hell" by Mega-D. It only took about 2 hours, but I need some drums and a bass.

I'm interested in a copy of the CD/demo whenever you guys are through.
    Last edited by JammerMatt; 06-11-2004, 11:16 AM.
    Originally posted by Scott_F
    On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

Thanx, Matt!

All of the rhythm guitars were my M1 Tiger (with SD) through a Roland VG-88. The solos are a trade-off between me and my good buddy, Jay Parmar. Jay can positively WAIL on the fiddle, and he's a Lynch disciple, like myself, so it was a no-brainer to include him. My solos are #1 and #3; once again, the M1 thru the VG-88. Jay's are #2 and #4, and he played a Skull + Snakes through a Pod ... all other guitars are me.

I tried to be faithful to the original recording, but we still put our personal stamps on it: the killer, Halford vox at the end, and the loooong solos!!

Jay's site is www.jayparmar.com
      You won't be disappointed!!!!!

Comment

Thanx, Lee!

Comment

Really cool take on that bro! What'd you guys use to record with? That's awesome news about the CD.....best of luck with that

Comment

Good playing and great news with the cd.

Comment

heh heh I have my computer sound card connected to a PA system. Great guitar rock man. That sounds like fun. I actually think your solos are a bit Blackmore-ish.
              My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
                heh heh I have my computer sound card connected to a PA system. Great guitar rock man. That sounds like fun. I actually think your solos are a bit Blackmore-ish.
                Heh ... Lynch, Blackmore, Lee, and Takasaki are all huge influences on my playing. I will take that as a compliment! I'm glad the song held up to total crankage!

Comment

Working...
                X