Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Licklibrary.com?

Hi folks,

I'm thinking of signing up to www.licklibrary.com , as I've only been playing for a few months and want to use as many resources as possible to help me learn.

Just wondered if any of you guys are already members or have an oppinion of the site?

Cheers,

Aaron

Re: Licklibrary.com?

Hmm..............looks like it would be a pretty cool site. I'm sure at the very least you could learn a few things there. If you stick around here long enough........you'll learn ALOT!!!! This forum ROCKS!!!!

Comment

I've spent more time here since getting my first SD pups than I have on the site I'm supposed to be looking after - never thought when I first picked up a guitar that it would lead me to so many people.

Just wish I'd started playing 20 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by Jaganath
        Just wish I'd started playing 20 years ago
        I heard that.

Lick Library might be alright - I've never gone there before. However, there's lots of free sites for picking up licks, tricks, theory and whatever.

IMO (and I'll get a little flamed probably, but who cares), if you're a late starter like myself, and if you've got the time and the money, private lessons are where it's at. Time is your biggest resource (or lack thereof), and a good teacher will shorten the process by years and do wonders for your understanding of music, and being able to speak and understand the language. I was going in circles until I finally just did it. Some guys can just figure it out on their own, and I wish I was one of them, but it worked out great for me.

But, in the meanwhile, hang around here for awhile because there are alot of knowledgeable dudes here... and don't be afraid to ask questions.

-Matt
        Originally posted by Scott_F
        On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

I started taking lessons about 4 months back, I pay £12.50 for a half hour lesson and the teacher gives me enough 'homework' to easily last me a week.

He's a really talented player (been at it for about 20 years) but the guy's really disorganised - has to ask me each lesson what it was we did last time I'm learning alot though.

Just on the lookout for resources outside my lessons to give me a more open approach to learning the way of the mighty axe

Comment

Guitar Player used to have pretty decent lessons, but I haven't gotten it for a while

the online "Fender's Player Club" (or something like that) has some good lessons, too, in standard notation and tab

Wolf Marshall's books seem pretty good, too

these days you can practically chose what you want to learn, then go find a book on it
            Last edited by Curly; 06-15-2004, 09:14 AM.
            "music heals"
            facebook

Comment

Working...
            X