Some more clips - Lindy Fralin High Output Strat Pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some more clips - Lindy Fralin High Output Strat Pickups

This is me with my old band. I'm playing a Fernandes Strat with Fralin high output pickups through an Ampeg Reverberocket reissue. Those Fralins are often overlooked. I think this is my favorite tone that I've gotten.

Last edited by Maggot; 06-15-2004, 06:03 PM.

Re: Some more clips - Lindy Fralin High Output Strat Pickups

Maggot, that absolutely ROCKED!!! Holy crap, so cool sounding. Real professional and catchy! Definitely saving these songs.
    Watch My Videos
    Photography
    www.myspace.com/thebillyhong
    "Anything worth living for is worth suffering for."

Comment

Originally posted by Biu
      Maggot, that absolutely ROCKED!!! Holy crap, so cool sounding. Real professional and catchy! Definitely saving these songs.
      Wow - Thanks...It's funny that you mention that it's professional sounding. It was recorded in one of the cheapest and cruddiest studios I've ever seen (a bunch of piles of crap in a basement with an 8-Track, mics on cardboard boxes instead of mic stands), and it was just about all first takes. We weren't the tightest band either. We just got really lucky. I was astonished when we went in to mix it and it sounded like real music. I've definitely paid more money, and taken more time, to get lots of worse recordings.

Comment

great song! first thing in here i've heard thats had me tapping my foot! you're right, the recording quality is a little rusty, but still it's a hell of a song.
        ---------------------------------------------------
        THIRD STONE

http://www.purevolume.com/thirdstone

Comment

Really great songs! What's the organ making those cool sounds? What amp/pedal did you use on that first song? Great work!

Comment

Saxon - the organ is an "Organizer" I think it was made by Korg or someone in the 70s, but I'm not sure. I don't know which song was first, but on TV Show I used a Rat for the hook, and a Prescription Electronics Dual Tone for the chords. On Buffalo Killer I'm not sure I used any effects. The amp was an Ampeg Reverberocket (the new kind - not vintage). I plugged into the overdrive channel with the gain turned pretty low. Thanks for listening.

Comment

Thanks for the info . Can't get enough of TV Show, man I like that song!
              Sax

Comment

Working...
              X