Smooth jazz attempt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smooth jazz attempt

I made this small smooth jazz attempt. I didn't like it 100% since I am still playing "stiff" after my holiday and as if I wanted to sound like someone else ( ). I don't know about you guys, but my best solo's come out when I reach total concentration and not think about ANYTHING.

This wasn't the case but there are some parts I like so I decided to post it:

Thanks to S.Lerner for the great backing.

Marin
    °
    my stuff

Re: Smooth jazz attempt

Well I loved that late night feel of it Marin....sweet tweedy tone!!
    As usual you playing is expressive and cool!
    Niels

Comment

Re: Smooth jazz attempt

Sorry! This sounds too good to be considered smooth jazz! Smooth jazz would have sucked as smooth jazz usually does. The characteristic artificial Hip Hop beat on tha God foresaken drum machine and the ricky ticky acoustic guitar are noticably absent from this recent adventure of yours.

Sounds like one of Miles Davis' tunes. I can't remember which one though? Could it be Footprints? I can't remember. Anyway, a faster tempo Afrocuban beat woulda been sweeter than a smooth jazz attempt. Try it that way and tell me what you think.
      Last edited by Osensei; 09-10-2006, 10:48 PM.
      These horse pills really take the edge off! Take 4 of em and that yellow gateway over there opens for da wolfman! -- Carl, ATHF

Comment

Working...
      X