Soundclick covers question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soundclick covers question?

Just this week I discovered and signed up for SOUNDCLICK site. Over the past 3 years I've recorded about 100 covers and a few originals using my voice, guitars and MIDI programming (click on link in my signature to listen). I usually make CDs and give them to friends but this technology is great!

I've loaded a few covers up to the site. I'm willing to pay the licensing fees ... I even joined HFAONLINE yesterday in an attempt to do this. I don't want to sell the covers, but it looks like they won't give you a license unless you want to sell between 150-2500 copies. If I can't figure this out, I'll remove the covers shortly. I want to do the right thing.

Can anyone help me understand what to do? How much does it generally cost to have a cover out there ... if you have no intention of selling it.

Re: Soundclick covers question?

They say you're not supposed to have covers there without paying, but nobody seems to care and people post them reguarly.
    Richard

Free Shred Guitar Lessons
    Marshall Mods

Comment

Try www.harryfox.com Where you can purchase the mechanical License's for cover songs. Lots of fine print to read,But the way I understand it? They price it by the song length and how many you intend to distribute or allow downloaded. There is a minimum you have to buy(say 1500) This doesn't mean you have to sell 1500. All it means is you have legal rights to distribute up to 1500 of your version.
      http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

Originally posted by shredaholic View Post
        They say you're not supposed to have covers there without paying, but nobody seems to care and people post them reguarly.
        It's only a matter of time B4 money hunger lawyer's and greedy record company's start cracking down.
        http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

Working...
        X