No announcement yet.

A2Pro vs Mustaine Livewire vs EMG 81 !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A2Pro vs Mustaine Livewire vs EMG 81 !

Hey guys, there are so few clips of the Mustaine livewires that I put together a quickie playing a short part of crazy train with the A2pro bridge, mustaine livewire bridge and EMG 81 bridge. It is very sloppy because with my amp plugged into the computer it disables the speaker and I cannot hear the sound. Anyway, you get the idea.

You can listen to each one individually or all together. The A2Pro is in my agile 3000, the mustaine livewire is in a squier tele and the EMG is in an SG copy.

Joe

Re: A2Pro vs Mustaine Livewire vs EMG 81 !

Awesome! Here's what my ears heard:

A2P sounded clearest overall.
    Mustain sounds more like RR to me, and is the most predictable sounding, with the best harmonic in my opinion.
    The EMG81 sounds the nicest on the C#/D part of the opening riff but I think the harmonic sounds ugly.

What amp and pedal is this? I don't like how it makes all the pickups sound the same. Sure, distortion pedals sometimes do that, but I don't like the tone that much.

Still, your playing is very good under slower tempo: you seem to have good control over your technique at slower tempo.
    My Website || My Music
    Originally posted by US Declaration of Independence
    ... are endowed by their CREATOR with certain unalienable rights....
    Gear: Boss ME70, Ovation CC44, ESP EC-1000FM, Fender Twin Reverb, Fender Pro Junior, Fender Showmaster FMT HH

Comment

should have played them all on the same guitar
      My recordings ---> www.soundclick.com/donlduk

My guitar----> www.geocities.com/luiguibanez/v350

Comment

It is played through a line 6 spider 2 amp. No distortion pedal, just the amps distortion. I have heard that criticism of the amp before that it makes a lot of guitars sound the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Joejitsu View Post
          It is played through a line 6 spider 2 amp. No distortion pedal, just the amps distortion. I have heard that criticism of the amp before that it makes a lot of guitars sound the same.
          Well maybe that's why: I have tried amp modelling many times but always came away unhappy because it doesn't sound good. Not enough "breathing room" in the sound. A real amp sounds so much better. That's why I bought an ME-50 rather than a GT-8 and why I'm not sure if I want a GT PRO. I'm going to be getting a footswitch extention (FS6 dual) and see how that makes it perform.
          My Website || My Music
          Gear: Boss ME70, Ovation CC44, ESP EC-1000FM, Fender Twin Reverb, Fender Pro Junior, Fender Showmaster FMT HH

Comment

Originally posted by TwinReverb View Post
            That's why I bought an ME-50 rather than a GT-8 and why I'm not sure if I want a GT PRO.
            Can I ask why you differentiate between the -8 and -PRO? They sound identical.
            Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderVenom View Post
              Can I ask why you differentiate between the -8 and -PRO? They sound identical.
              Because one is rack mounted and has tons of effects, while one isn't rack mounted and doesn't have tons of effects? No offense but the GT PRO is a cut above the GT8: rack mounted, dual COSM, MIDI footswitch capable, many in and out lines of various kinds, and computer-based effects software.
              My Website || My Music

Comment

Because one is rack mounted and has tons of effects, while one isn't rack mounted and doesn't have tons of effects? No offense but the GT PRO is a cut above the GT8: rack mounted, dual COSM, MIDI footswitch capable, many in and out lines of various kinds, and computer-based effects software.
                Both have the same effects available...

The GT-PRO IS the GT-8, but with some extra I/O, rack-mounted, and with an editor, as you said. However, there is absolutely no difference between the amp models or effects. The GT-PRO has no additional effects over the GT-8.

Comment

Both have the same effects available...
                  The GT-PRO IS the GT-8, but with some extra I/O, rack-mounted, and with an editor, as you said. However, there is absolutely no difference between the amp models or effects. The GT-PRO has no additional effects over the GT-8.
                  I've heard the GT8 live versus the GT PRO on those guitarone cds, the PRO sounded much better to me, but oh well, it could be my ears / the amp / the GT8, etc.
                  My Website || My Music

Comment

If I'm gonna be honest, I can't really tell the difference since there's so much gain in the clips. Any chance you could record something lower gain?
                    Richard

Free Shred Guitar Lessons
                    Marshall Mods

Comment

I've heard the GT8 live versus the GT PRO on those guitarone cds, the PRO sounded much better to me, but oh well, it could be my ears / the amp / the GT8, etc.
                      I'm pretty sure that it must be the other equipment and the settings, because the units really should sound the same if they're set to an exact same patch, ceteris paribus.

Certainly, though, the GT-PRO is a more capable machine.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that it must be the other equipment and the settings, because the units really should sound the same if they're set to an exact same patch, ceteris paribus. Certainly, though, the GT-PRO is a more capable machine.
                        Yeah, I'm not trying to stir up krap, so I apologize if it sounds that way. Still, honestly, the computer patch editing software is almost worth the difference in price alone. That plus extra inputs/outputs/etc.

My dream rig (assuming I need it) would be a GT PRO -> MIDI footswitch (the one with like 15 pedals lol).
                        My Website || My Music

Comment

i hear very small differences.The amp is effecting too strong.Modelling amps do that mostly.Please use a patch with less gain ,it would be easier to undersand.thanx!!!
                          www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

Comment

The smaller differences I hear is the sound progressivly getting thinner and tighter.

Comment

Working...
                            X