Wanna hear me fail at guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanna hear me fail at guitar?

A little line just jumped into my head. Or, a little riff, neat sounding. I played some chords behind it, then I decided it needed a solo. That and I lost a pick, but found one when I decided it needed a solo.

So basically.. comment on whatever you like.. its my second real attempt at multitrack recording, ever. I'd prefer tone specifically, so I can fix it a little.

Its an Epiphone Les Paul, with C5/59. The little riff thing is on the bridge position, the chords are in the neck, and the solo is in the neck position. Its going through a Traynor blues.

I am thinking of something to put beyond it, so.. er.. in like a week or so ill post a full song version of it with more meat. This is just a.. Show the world how horrid I am and why I dont even deserve Seymour Duncan Pickups..
    Last edited by TimmyPage; 09-16-2006, 09:51 PM.
    Originally posted by BigAlTheBird
    I just got oiixed in the mung by a Canadian.

Timmy - 1
    Andrew - None

Re: Wanna hear me fail at guitar?

Very few of us deserve Duncan's dude! I like the riff idea. I'd make the bends faster, and make the two tracks sync up a little better. Turn the master on the first track down a little bit, so the second one 'pops' a little more. And turn down the treble just a tad on your first riff too.

Not bad though! You don't suck at all. You're just Canadian. Big difference.

Hmm, maybe not.

Comment

Originally posted by bigalthethird View Post
      And turn down the treble just a tad on your first riff too.
      Which is odd because the treble is just at 4.5. I think it's alot the positioning the mic in this case. (I couldnt turn it up to normal recording volume and set it on a chair so I had to put it on the ledge that my amp is sitting on.. really close to the centre of the speaker)

Originally posted by bigalthethird View Post
      You don't suck at all. You're just Canadian. Big difference.

Hmm, maybe not.
      Cold man, cold.
      Originally posted by BigAlTheBird
      I just got oiixed in the mung by a Canadian.

Timmy - 1
      Andrew - None

Comment

lol just Joshin you! No I really liked the tone on the second track. Very good. Your playing was good too. But the two tracks didn't quite mix right. And the mic positioning probably does have something to do with it. You may also try rolling back the tone on your pup. I dunno.

But you're obviously good dude! Don't worry about it.

Comment

very cool Timmy.There are many ways to create better sound or record better.But if the feeling is not there ,you can't "create" it in studio.You have thta feeling and keep "dreaming" on sounds like that.Nice work ,you will be a great musician!
          www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

Comment

I agree w/Bigal, the tracks are just a bit out of sync. Your playing was good-the 2nd track had some nice licks in it! The tracks combined together just sound way too busy together, since both parts are basically single note licks. Try to find pockets of space where the other guitar isn't so busy, and add to it there, so there will be pauses (in the parts where the other guitar track is busier).

Also, if possible, playing w/some rhythm device such as a drum machine or grabbing some sound files off the net and then layering w/that would be good. If you don't want to have the track initially, just mute it out, but then you will know that you were playing in the correct timing (or w/a metronome).

You are far from failing at guitar, I can tell you have some real talent.
            Last edited by davedvdy; 09-16-2006, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Dave agrees with me so he's right.

Comment

^lol

Comment

Working...
                X