I know I shouldn't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know I shouldn't

But I'm looking for a pair of speakers to double as monitors as well as listening to my regular music though. My iMac only has the 2 little speakers that are built into it.

Does anyone have any experience with the M-Audio Studiophile DX4? They are very reasonably priced and have good reviews on Musicians' Friend. But I was hoping someone on here would have some personal reviews. At least with you all I can put more weight in the review, whereas the ones on there could be written by just about anybody.

Re: I know I shouldn't

Bump

Comment

I don't think you're going to get a pair of standard computer speakers to double as studio monitors. At least, not for as cheap as the BX4s . . . decent monitors will run you a grand or more easily. However, just as computer speakers the BX4s sound ok. You might want to add a woofer as from what I remember they're a little bass shy . . .
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I'd try and get something with at least a 5.25" midwoofer.

Comment

Working...
        X