Good free recording program?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good free recording program?

Hey guys (and girls). It's been a while since I was on the forum, but I'm officially back. And with a question:

What recording software/programs are you using? Can you recommend a simple, free (or cheap) multitrack program I can use to make simple recordings with my PODxt? I usually use my Digital Fostex recorder, but want to make some quick recordings to post online in MP3 form. I guess this shows I’m a little behind in recording technology, haha. I’m only 27, too.

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!
    I have guitars and amps.

Re: Good free recording program?

Don't know of any free ones, but,

www.n-tracks.com, around $70 to register

Or for $150, Mackie Tracktion 2 rocks, I use it more than Logic now and it comes with lots of cool plug-ins.

Comment

Awesome, man. Thanks. I'll check them out.
      I have guitars and amps.

Comment

Kristal is free.
        Originally posted by LesStrat
        make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
        My Music

Comment

Not to condone piracy or anything...

Just download Sonic Foundry Acid. I think it might be Sony Acid now. That or Cakewalk, or Audacity. Any of those are great programs with good options and are easy to use.

Actually here's a link to a free download of Audacity for Windows. http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/windows
          Last edited by Metalman_666; 09-27-2006, 05:39 PM.
          • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
          • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
          • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
          • G&L Tribute Comanche
          • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
          • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
          • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Reaper. check it out. I prefer it to Audacity

Comment

Audacity (linux)
              My Website || My Music
              Originally posted by US Declaration of Independence
              ... are endowed by their CREATOR with certain unalienable rights....
              Gear: Boss ME70, Ovation CC44, ESP EC-1000FM, Fender Twin Reverb, Fender Pro Junior, Fender Showmaster FMT HH

Comment

Anvil studio has 24/96 capacity, is free for the basic program with some inexpensive add-ones. It's set up to be a complete compositional program with keyboard layout, active note placement on the treble and bass clefs, percussion, midi, etc.

Can't go wrong. www.anvilstudio.com

Now you're a genius in action!

Comment

Originally posted by RiffGuy View Post
                  Hey guys (and girls). It's been a while since I was on the forum, but I'm officially back. And with a question:

What recording software/programs are you using? Can you recommend a simple, free (or cheap) multitrack program I can use to make simple recordings with my PODxt? I usually use my Digital Fostex recorder, but want to make some quick recordings to post online in MP3 form. I guess this shows I’m a little behind in recording technology, haha. I’m only 27, too.

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!
                  I just got a Fostex, and at least for mine (the mr-8), fostex had added upgrades to it that you download from their site that enable you to pass WAV recordings back and forth from the unit to the computer. To reduce any latency and other computer-related problems, I record in the unit, then pass the WAV to the computer for transforming to MP3 (Audacity [free] works fine for that!).

Comment

Working...
                  X