opinions on my tone for this style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opinions on my tone for this style

Please give this a listen and let me know what you think of the guitar tone. I know the clip has a lot of issues...it's just a quick clip I put together to check my tone for this style of music. As always, any advise is appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

it's the one titled "tone check"

Re: opinions on my tone for this style

Tone seems pretty appropriate! Original tune?

Comment

Thanks for listening Larry, and thanks for the feedback. Yeah, it's original (although for all I know I subconciously lifted it from somewhere else - tell me if I have). A good friend of mine is putting together a hockey video of his son's team and wanted something "aggressive" to go behind it...this is an idea I sent him to see if I'm on the right track.

Comment

The tone is good! It will fit the video quite well imho.
        Originally posted by Guitarist
        Honestly, I like Scott's words. "There is a rhythm to life. Ride the waves."

And keep in mind that while nothing lasts forever, nothing is lost.
        http://soundcloud.com/adrian-czarnecki/tracks

Comment

Thanks StrangeSound. I appreciate the feedback!

Comment

Wow Power and Definition!.I hear that the Bass Frequences are too bludgening.An a little bit more presence on the mix would make it a top song!
            I liked the drumms alot!But your picking is the nr1 ingredient on this one.!Gratz!
            www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

Comment

thank you so much for the kind words Daemon- yeah, the guitar sound is untouched...just an Audix i5 on the grill. I am going to experiment with some things and see what happens. You may be right about the bass, I haven't got a bass track on it yet but the two may get in the way of eachother.

Comment

cool fast picking rhytim. great. You doubled the guitar track , rite ?
                maybe it will be awesome if the other track using different pickups or amp setting..
                My Soundclick

Comment

Yeah, unfortunately you can tell....they're not anywhere close in some spots...thanks for listening!

Comment

Sounds nice and crunchy..fits the drums well!
                    http://guitarcomputer.com

Comment

The tone and playing are spot on, Scott! I like the deep bass, too. Sounds smooth and professional, and it certainly matches the style. I can definitely hear that as a backdrop to a hockey commercial featuring some speed and aggression.

Impressive all around, bro.

- Keith
                      Originally posted by ImmortalSix
                      I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Originally posted by SCOTT502 View Post
                        thank you so much for the kind words Daemon- yeah, the guitar sound is untouched...just an Audix i5 on the grill. I am going to experiment with some things and see what happens. You may be right about the bass, I haven't got a bass track on it yet but the two may get in the way of eachother.
                        I use the Audix i5 on the grill and I must say that the mic is bassy- so you have to eq alot of the bass out on the mixer and increase the highs for cut and then you should hear how the actual guitar recording sounds. On my Tascam 4-track I drop the bass counterclockwise to almost none and for treble I open it to 2 o' clock for clarity. Instant great guitar tone! Just thought I'd pass this information along.

Comment

Thanks a lot guys, thanks for taking the time to give me your opinions and compliments!

Comment

Oh, and I forgot to mention it's OK to record on default eq, but after you've recorded a track, definitely start eq'ing otherwise your great guitar track will be buried in shallow mud like your soundclick and when you record the bass guitar- a fight to be heard will ensue!

Comment

Working...
                            X