Trouble with key signatures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with key signatures

Hey all, I need a little help figuring out what key signature I'd be in and what scales I can use as a basis to solo over it with.

The chords are:

e|0-0-9-7-9
    B|3-5-7-5-7
    G|2-4-6-4-6
    D|4-6-8-6-8
    A|----------
    E|----------

They are also arpeggiated in like this: (in order of string played) 4, 3, 2, 3, 0, 2, 3.

I know nothing at all about theory, chords, etc. (I've been taking a class in school but its mostly been dealing with diatonic scales thus far), so if anyone could help me with this it'd be greatly appreciated!

-Corbic
    The G.B. Kirch Band on Facebook!
    And Here on Bandcamp!
    Crankin' a Gibson Les Paul and a Fender Strat into a Crate V32, in an attempt to deafen those who don't enjoy good ol' fashioned blues and rock n' roll

Re: Trouble with key signatures

Dadd9 E Ebm7 Dbm7 Ebm7
    (D#m7)(C#m7)
    Those are your chords giving you a selection of notes

D F# A E
    E G# B
    Eb(D#) Gb(F#) Bb(A#) Db(C#)
    Db(C#) Fb(E) Ab(G#) Cb(B)

I would say that you're in D mixolydian for the first two chords and you're in Eb(D#) phyrgian for the next three. So play an A major scale over the first two (but use D for the tonic), and then use Cb (B) major over the last three.

I'm sorry for all the (x) enharmonic stuff I put in there, but I'm used to thinking in flats
    Last edited by CapoFirstFret; 10-14-2006, 05:30 PM.
    Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
    It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Re: Trouble with key signatures

Thanks
      The G.B. Kirch Band on Facebook!
      And Here on Bandcamp!
      Crankin' a Gibson Les Paul and a Fender Strat into a Crate V32, in an attempt to deafen those who don't enjoy good ol' fashioned blues and rock n' roll

Comment

Working...
      X