Help with Groove Agent 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Groove Agent 2?

I have Groove Agent 2 and the best that I've been able to do is hit 'run' and play along with it. While I can hear the audio through my PC speakers, I can't get my sound card (e-mu 0404) to record the Groove Agent audio. That said, I can't figure out how to configure the MIDI to work with Cakewalk Sonar LE. I was trying to find some sort of tutorial online but haven't had much luck. Part of the problem is that the technospeak of VSTs and DXIs is a bit over my head.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Re: Help with Groove Agent 2?

You can go with a midi track for GA2. I use GA 1 and you have to activate the Agent's midi output, then it will work without problems.
    Originally posted by Guitarist
    Honestly, I like Scott's words. "There is a rhythm to life. Ride the waves."

And keep in mind that while nothing lasts forever, nothing is lost.
    http://soundcloud.com/adrian-czarnecki/tracks

Comment

Originally posted by StrangeSound View Post
      You can go with a midi track for GA2. I use GA 1 and you have to activate the Agent's midi output, then it will work without problems.
      Thanks...unfortunately, that's what I'm having trouble doing...

Comment

Originally posted by Pick_n_grin View Post
        Thanks...unfortunately, that's what I'm having trouble doing...
        Ok, so you need a step-by-step thing how to start it. I work with cubase, I don't know how Sonar works, furthermore I've got only the 1st version of GA.

Ok, that's how I do it:

Open cubase, create a midi track. Open up Groove Agent. Now I have the "desktop" of Groove Agent on my monitor. By one-clicking on the space, right of the instruments (snare, bassdrum etc.) there are some knobs to control the volume of the snare etc. On the right, below the music genre display, there should be a "setup" box. Open it and activate the first register (midi output).

Then you have to direct GA as the signal for the midi track. GA as "in" and "out" signal of the track.

Sorry for my bad english, I hope it works!
        Last edited by StrangeSound; 10-17-2006, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Thanks... I was not able to get that to happen... the MIDI track in Sonar wasn't listing Groove Agent as an option for input/output source. I will have to figure something out...
          Your English is fine :-) My MIDI skills aren't :-(

Originally posted by StrangeSound View Post
          Ok, so you need a step-by-step thing how to start it. I work with cubase, I don't know how Sonar works, furthermore I've got only the 1st version of GA.

Ok, that's how I do it:

Open cubase, create a midi track. Open up Groove Agent. Now I have the "desktop" of Groove Agent on my monitor. By one-clicking on the space, right of the instruments (snare, bassdrum etc.) there are some knobs to control the volume of the snare etc. On the right, below the music genre display, there should be a "setup" box. Open it and activate the first register (midi output).

Then you have to direct GA as the signal for the midi track. GA as "in" and "out" signal of the track.

Sorry for my bad english, I hope it works!

Comment

Originally posted by Pick_n_grin View Post
            Thanks... I was not able to get that to happen... the MIDI track in Sonar wasn't listing Groove Agent as an option for input/output source. I will have to figure something out...
            Your English is fine :-) My MIDI skills aren't :-(
            No problem!!

I'm into cubase and midi stuff only some weeks ago..it's easy if you understand how it's structured. Just experiment! I hope everything works as you want now!

Comment

Working...
            X