X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for a condenser mic

in the 100€ price range.. give or take a few

i got a couple in my sights, but which one would be "best"

going to record the amp with it, in pair with my sm57 (going to get a mic pre too, since my mixer has global phantom power and it would damage the 57, if i turned it on)

the companies i'm looking at are Samson and MXL, since they are readily available over here

one of the mics is the MXL 990
    and the Samson c01 and c03 mics.

now, dont limit yourselves to only these three mics..
    tell me if you have any experience with these companies, and which mic would you chose

Re: looking for a condenser mic

I have the MXL 990 and I like it. It is very sensitive and picks up everything in the room. I should qualify this endorsement by saying that I have never worked with any other condenser mic. I'm sure a more expensive one would be better - but I can't imagine how.

I am curious about why you say the phantom power would damage the SM57. As I understand it, dynamic mics just ignore the phantom power signal. I have run dynamic mics through my mixer with the phantom power on without any negative results.
    Rick
    (the original Rick James!)

Sing unto Him a new song; play skillfully with a LOUD noise. Psalm 33:3
    Lincoln Brewster Kutless Newsboys Third Day David Crowder U2

Comment

naiant.com

I just got the MSH-10 matched pair. Cost about $40 us

Very happy with the performance of it. Cheap shipping overseas too, because the little buggers are so small.

Phantom power doesnt damage dynamics

Comment

not looking into shipping overseas. strictly mics i can buy localy/or get from germany, in the 100 euro price range.
        if i could i'd get a neumann in the 1st place.. but somehow i cannot see me paying 1400+ euro for a mic o.O

so, samson or MXL.

Comment

Do you guys have studio projects stuff?

The studio projects B-1 beats anything in the budget range of large diaphragm condensors. IMO
          Speak through your fingers

Comment

will look into it

yes, we do.. b1 you say.. 111 euro.
            we got another contender folks! lol

thanks

Comment

Honestly, if it's just for guitar, I'd go for another 57, and i5, or an e609. I've still never found a condenser to work as well as a well-placed dynamic when it comes to metal guitars.
              www.JeffDunne.com

Comment

Working...
              X