Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Song (it's been way too long)

Very nicely done, as always Jeff.

The drums sound as good as the guitars. I can definately see this as a nice intro piece then... BAM!!

Comment

Originally posted by KGMESSIER View Post
      Awesome, Jeff! You played straight into a POD for this? What do you use for drums?

- Keith
      Yup... 4 tracks rhythm, 2 lead, 4 clean, all of PODxt (clean was 2 tracks DI mixed in), no bass.

Drums were DFHS w/Sonalksis Comp/EQ's, kick blended in with a Sneap sample 40%, snare blended with a Sneap sample at about 50%.
      www.JeffDunne.com

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual Kevorkian View Post
        Yup... 4 tracks rhythm, 2 lead, 4 clean, all of PODxt (clean was 2 tracks DI mixed in), no bass.

Drums were DFHS w/Sonalksis Comp/EQ's, kick blended in with a Sneap sample 40%, snare blended with a Sneap sample at about 50%.
        Wow! That's some pricey software you've got there, bro. All put to excellent use.
        Originally posted by ImmortalSix
        I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Student Discounts FTW! I actually am running the MK1's, which were a bit cheaper than the new MK2's, but I wouldn't mind that gate...
          www.JeffDunne.com

Comment

Off-Topic: What does "FTW" stand for?
            Originally posted by ImmortalSix
            I am just jug the merlot

Comment

What was the guitar setup, like guitar, pickups and amp model. Was that a seven string or a six with a dropped d or something?
              My songs....enjoy! (hopefully )

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=652921
              or for older stuff too, but slower downloads
              http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=301569&T=7414

Originally posted by DankStar
              700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least. no one should be left alive.

Comment

Wow, that's wicked cool. Might be my favorite of all the stuff I've heard from you.

Comment

Originally posted by KGMESSIER View Post
                  Off-Topic: What does "FTW" stand for?
                  "For the win." It's one of those 7331 g33k things, I suppose.

Originally posted by 75lespaul View Post
                  What was the guitar setup, like guitar, pickups and amp model. Was that a seven string or a six with a dropped d or something?
                  Guitar was a Schecter C-1 Blackjack (JB/59), JB used for all distorted tracks, the cleans were 2 tracks of the 59 through the POD, and 2 tracks of the center position (one coil from each) DI'd. Guitar is in D standard.

Amp model for the gain was actually how I'd set up a Recto in real life. Treadplate dual, treadplate 4x12, 57 on axis (15% room), 4.5, 7, 5, 8, 0, and 7, in order of gain, bass, mid, treble, presence, channel volume. Stomp engaged, using the Screamer model, drive at 15%, gain and tone at 50%. 2 tracks hard left/right, 2 tracks 80% left/right, total of 4 rhythm tracks. Post EQ for HPF and LPF, as well as some slight boosts around 450hz for note clarity, and 3khz for more of an 'in your face' type of thing.

For the lead tracks, I had that running with a short bit of delay, and a touch of verb from the POD. Single track left/right, and EQ'ed with Cubase's stock eq.

Cleans were just the Tweed B-Man model and 4x10 cab with a bit of chorus and verb. No post-eq

I (as of these new recordings, at least) always have one bus with a room verb, and I send the snare, toms, hihat a tiny bit, and OH's just a tad to it, as well as the clean and lead tracks. Using one verb for everything makes it all sound a bit more cohesive, I've found.

I gotta bring the snare down and toms up a bit, as well as a bit more verb on the toms, methinks.
                  Last edited by Virtual Kevorkian; 01-14-2007, 11:04 AM.
                  www.JeffDunne.com

Comment

Thanks Jeff. I want to try my hand at playing that style of music and that info helped greatly. I may be an old fart, but I've got a young heart, lol. I've got a Jackson DK-2 that I'm ripping the Duncan Designed out of and I just happen to have a JB so I'll throw that in and see what happens. I've got a line 6 Vetta 1/2 stack so the recto sounds shouldn't be a problem either.

For the record, what is D standard tuning...is that the D,G,C,F,A,D tuning?
                    My songs....enjoy! (hopefully )

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=652921
                    or for older stuff too, but slower downloads
                    http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=301569&T=7414

Originally posted by DankStar
                    700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least. no one should be left alive.

Comment

Yessir, DGCFAD. I've dabbled in so many different tunings... It's nice to finally settle on one that has all the clarity and grind of higher tunings, with the ballsy low end of downtuning.
                      www.JeffDunne.com

Comment

wow........
                        Guitars:
                        Schecter E-1 FR S (Sustaniac/Apocalypse), LEF EXP (Mayhem Set), Schecter C-1 Classic (Jazz/Distortion), Squire Affinity Strat (Hotrails)

Amps:
                        Peavey MX VTX, Bugera 333x Infinium

Pedals:
                        AMT SS-11B

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual Kevorkian View Post
                          Yessir, DGCFAD. I've dabbled in so many different tunings... It's nice to finally settle on one that has all the clarity and grind of higher tunings, with the ballsy low end of downtuning.
                          That's too close to drop-C for me. I know I'd try it for about five minutes before going "rrrgghhhh down to C you go!"
                          Curt
                          CGord on myspace.com or soundclick.com

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser, Black Cherry
                          Dean Z-X, SD SH-6 Distortion (bridge), Black
                          Ibanez RG410, EMG 85, Pearl Red
                          Squier '51, 2-Tone Sunburst
                          Washburn WG587, Metallic Red
                          Schecter Stiletto Deluxe-5 bass, Black
                          Ibanez SR500 bass, Satin Mahogany

Comment

Working...
                          X