Interesting pinging / soaring sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting pinging / soaring sound

There's something I've heard on a song once or twice that I cannot figure out how the guitarist is doing it. The song in question is Rest in You by Hillsong United on the Look to You album. I can't figure out how the guitarist has his amp loud and yet clean, yet seems to know how to push the speakers into breakup so easily. Also, how they get that bright almost harsh tone and then raise it up. If you have iTunes, go to the 4 minute mark approximately and listen to the lead guitarist.

Oh, and about speakers for my '72 Twin Reverb: I'm probably going to go with Eminence Red White & Blues speakers, but in regards to breakup, should I get two of those, or one of those and then another speaker that does breakup very early? I'm just wondering
    My Website || My Music
    Originally posted by US Declaration of Independence
    ... are endowed by their CREATOR with certain unalienable rights....
    Gear: Boss ME70, Ovation CC44, ESP EC-1000FM, Fender Twin Reverb, Fender Pro Junior, Fender Showmaster FMT HH

Re: Interesting pinging / soaring sound

At around 4:00, my first guess would be he's using a slide in conjunction with a delay. (nice album btw! It's the only album I've heard as a whole by Hillsong, but I sure want to get other albums too)
    Last edited by Tor; 01-14-2007, 05:37 AM.
    My Soundclick

Comment

Working...
    X