No announcement yet.

Never play a fender the same way again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Never play a fender the same way again?

I justhope the colors trickle down to the lower priced tiers. I ain't paying that much for a Strat. The innovations aren't big enough for me.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Yeah, that "Texas Tea" color that looks black in photos hints at something much more remarkable on video. I suspect that, in person, it's a real stunner.
      ---------------------------
      The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

$1900 is list. You know it will not sell for that price in stores or online.
        aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

I think $1900 is MAP, not MSRP:

When you need every advantage, choose an American Ultra Telecaster. This upgraded workhorse features a pair of powerful Ultra Noiseless Vintage Tele pickups.

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
          $1900 is list. You know it will not sell for that price in stores or online.
          ---------------------------
          The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

Correct, Fender no longer has a suggested retail price.
            -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
            “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Originally posted by St_Genesius View Post
              Yeah, that "Texas Tea" color that looks black in photos hints at something much more remarkable on video. I suspect that, in person, it's a real stunner.
              It’s apparently a similar process to Candy Apple Red, etc. with translucent black over gold. I would be interested in seeing it too.

Also, I love that cobalt blue almost as much as I love the Elite Autumn Blaze.
              Last edited by PFDarkside; 11-07-2019, 03:17 PM.
              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Another WTF thing about these guitars . . . why the hell isn't Fender offering stainless steel frets? I get not offering SS frets on a guitar that you're selling for 300$ . . . you're cutting corners and SS is more expensive. There's no reason not to offer them on premium price stuff like this though.
                Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                  Another WTF thing about these guitars . . . why the hell isn't Fender offering stainless steel frets? I get not offering SS frets on a guitar that you're selling for 300$ . . . you're cutting corners and SS is more expensive. There's no reason not to offer them on premium price stuff like this though.
                  That’s a great question, you can’t even get SS on a Custom Shop. Simply no stainless at a Fender.
                  Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I understand there is a price difference, but who would want one of these over a Suhr standard?
                    -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
                    “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Originally posted by Ayrton View Post
                      I understand there is a price difference, but who would want one of these over a Suhr standard?
                      I think that is the crux of it, here. At that price, other companies simply build better Fenders. Fender will have to study those companies to see why it is losing business on the high end. People are working their way up from Squiers to MIM Fenders, and then buying another brand when they go for something on the high end.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Ayrton View Post
                        Idiots

Wanna see them in action? Go to a Facebook post or a YouTube comment section. "Muh legendary brand", "muh Fender mojo", "muh Suhrs are just copies"
                        Originally posted by Myaccount876
                        Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

I only play Fender with my feet....
                          as I kick them out of the way to reach for something I might like.

Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                              Ultra Jazzmaster looks hot -'aint gonna lie.
                              Later in the day after I wrote this, my friend posted playing this exact guitar on Instagram.

Weird.
                              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I don't care for or need any of the modern parts and features of those, but I will say that I have already seen a few in person, and HOT DAMN, the finishes are gorgeous.
                                Originally posted by LesStrat
                                Yogi Berra was correct.
                                Originally posted by JOLLY
                                I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X