Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Riff-Off TITLE BOUT: GoDrex vs. B2D

thanks to the 36 who voted so far

c'mon folks - let's have a dozen or so more votes !!!

these guys did a helluva job
    gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

I liked both, but Clip A was definitely more my style. I got a little lost in clip B.
      -=The Dali
      --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

Voted.

Nicely done guys.

cg
        -Blasphemy is a victimless crime

http://howdovaccinescauseautism.com/

cg

Comment

For me it was definitely riff B. Riff A sounded like it was overly constrained by the timing. Riff B was very original and compelling.

Comment

Both of them are very good but riff B just makes me want to hear what happens next.
            Guitars:
            http://my.opera.com/KK91/albums/slideshow/?album=969652

Comment

Sorry for stepping in late.... a few problems at the minute!

Anyway, both great but I'm going with A. I just felt that it could be a monsterous opening riff with some BIG chords coming in on the third cycle and a lead break on the 4th... great stuff. However, I liked the complexity of B, unfortunately I am having a few problems getting B to play all the way through without it stopping? and that kind of ruined it for me. Both really cool, nice one fella's.

Comment

WE HAVE A WINNER! But before I reveal the names, anyone care to guess who's who?

- Keith
                Originally posted by ImmortalSix
                I am just jug the merlot

Comment

B2D = Riff B
                  GoDrex = Riff A

Of course.
                  My Soundclick

Comment

congrats to riffer B ...

as always, no shame goes to riffer A

both are excellent submissions

thanks to all who participated

on to round 2 of the feb tourney to see who will go up against riffer b

t4d
                    gear list in profile

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Originally posted by Tor View Post
                      B2D = Riff B
                      GoDrex = Riff A

Of course.
                      yup
                      Yo, i'm Ryan™.

https://www.facebook.com/patchworklv
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=der6aGGzQTk
                      ^link to 7 tracks of my band, Patchwork

Comment

YES!!! Congratulations to B2D, our Riffologist Supremö. Thanks to all who voted, and to both B2D and GoDrex.

While I didn't vote, I'll say now that I would've voted for GoDrex's riff. While both were cool, Drex had a very Andy Summers thing going on that I totally dug.

- Keith
                        I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Oh, and Drex supplied me with a version that includes drums.

- Keith
                          I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Originally posted by sosomething View Post
                            Simple: we would rather talk about music than play or listen to it...
                            Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                            ... When this idea was introduced, I had grandiose thoughts of what it could become. I mean, it couldn't be simpler, right? ... we're getting about a 3% participation rate.
                            i too would love more particpation in the riff voting/commenting but i think there are more than enough aggravating factors that conspire to keep participation low ...
                            - people are creatures of habit and often lazy ... so it requires effort to start going in the T&C room and then going thru the riffs
                            - not everyone has broadband and d/ling these clips could be onerous for some
                            - some people are accessing the board on a small handheld device that might have suboptimal or non-existant audio capability and might not support the polling function
                            - some people dont want to judge if they feel the riffers are way better than them
                            - some guys dont like judging something that is supposed to be for fun / art

we seem to have about 4 dozen regulars, give or take ... so lets just enjoy what we have and encourage more to try it

t4d
                            gear list in profile

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey View Post
                              Oh, and Drex supplied me with a version that includes drums.

- Keith

That is way cool!!

Congrats to both! I'll bet Drex is ready to jump back into the game!
                              I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Grats to B2D

And welcome back to the trenches, GoDrex
                                Originally posted by Brown Note
                                I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
                                My Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X