banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who wants to watch me totally wreck a Les Paul Custom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who wants to watch me totally wreck a Les Paul Custom?

Damn thieves.
    www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Finally, it'll get finished!
      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post

Cold man, cold...

-Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
        “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

I'd love to see the crook's face when he opens it up and discovers the state this guitar's in. It has very low value as-is if he's just trying to flip it, so you never know. Maybe it will ended up back on your porch with a bow on top and a nice apology letter.

Comment

sd
            Originally posted by Ayrton View Post
            Nope, just that LPC.

Well, still sucks, but at least thats all that was taken.

That is why I think it was a kid. A real thief would have taken tools, or something of real value. The guitar was in the case on a shelf with several others that are being worked on. I think someone came into the basement when the door was open, grabbed a case and ran, only to find out what they took was a stripped guitar.

I suppose the silver lining was they did not grab the custom shop tele that was next to it.

I can't even express to you how pissed I am
            True! Oh yeah, I can imagine! Im pissed cuz I wanted to see how this turned out, plus I hate thieves!

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
            hahaha ouch!
            Originally posted by speed2dirt View Post
            I'd love to see the crook's face when he opens it up and discovers the state this guitar's in. It has very low value as-is if he's just trying to flip it, so you never know. Maybe it will ended up back on your porch with a bow on top and a nice apology letter.
            haha True! But prolly be too afraid to return it and toss in a dumpster or something. Sad, but true. check out your local dumpsters
            Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Very sorry to hear this. Hope ya find the guitar, and the POS who stole it.
              I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by speed2dirt View Post
                Exactly, that is why I sent out the email to the neighborhood. The guitar has no pawn value, so unless it ends on Craigslist, I hope it sitting in someones house under a bed. Maybe a parent will see the email, and put it together.

I am not holding out much hope, but maybe I will get lucky.

On another note, I did send out several guitars for paint (which is how I discovered the missing guitar), so I will have those to show completed here in the next few weeks.
                -Chris

Comment

I was on a roll with the bad jokes yesterday. I do feel bad that this happened, but a tiny bit lucky it was an amateur thief......and yeah, probably a neighbor kid.

That also means it'll be easier to track down. The Email to all the neighbors was a good idea.
                  How did you acquire all those Emails?....township?

Also, make paper copies of the digital pics you had and distribute them to guitar repair shops, guitar stores, and pawnshops. At some point a guitar that distinctive will surface. Ask a neighbor kid if he knows which local kids play guitar. That'll possibly narrow it down.
                  Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                  I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

The way you find the deals I'm sure you'll find the axe. That freakin sucks.

Comment

Damn man, sorry to hear that. I'll keep a look out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

I doubt a pawn shop would take a bare guitar in, so I am afraid it ended up in the bin. I have been watching Craigslist, but no luck so far.

The original K serial number was a sticker, but I stamped it on the back of the headstock. Anyone that knows anything about Gibson will spot it as non USA.

There are some kids in the neighborhood that play guitar, and I have the word out. I stated in the email that no questions would b asked, and it could just appear on my doorstep.
                        -Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Ayrton View Post
                          I suppose the silver lining was they did not grab the custom shop tele that was next to it.
                          You lead a charmed life buddy! I wouldn't even concern myself with that guitar at this point. Chalk it up as a loss , and move on ( whilst taking precautions for such a recurrence). The thief, an amateur cause he grabbed it and ran, probably kid or teenager, took the wrong guitar case! You are one of the luckiest cats there is!You had 50/50 chance of being very severely ripped off, and came out on top! Amazing.
                          "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Time to cut some thief's hands off.

Comment

Working...
                            X