banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who wants to watch me totally wreck a Les Paul Custom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who wants to watch me totally wreck a Les Paul Custom?

It hasn't...
    "Scalloped & Stickered"
    A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

FINISH IT!

Comment

I just saw this thread today and love it! Looking forward to seeing the final product, but really enjoyed seeing the progress in stages. Excellent work!

Comment

We did too... three years ago.

I didn't think it was possible that anyone could drag their feet worse than me, but I think Ayrton might have me beat.

This is why I don't start threads about my stuff, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by King IzzO))) View Post
            We did too... three years ago.
            Ok, this actually made laugh out loud.

The damn guitar is still in the case with no finish. I could not find a painter that could/would shoot it the way I wanted, and it just got put on hold.

I have other things going on at the moment, but I will get to this.
            -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
            “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

"I have other things going on at the moment, but I will get to this." That has been my line with my build. You know the one I started 12 years ago, and then got going on again.......uh.....well some time ago and haven't made any progress in......uh.... Well lets just say it's been a wile!
              Where Words Fail, Music Speaks
              If a positive attitude is a Magnet for positive results, what type positive attitude sounds best, A2, A5, UOA5, A8, C8, or?

Comment

Originally posted by Ayrton View Post
                Ok, this actually made laugh out loud.

The damn guitar is still in the case with no finish. I could not find a painter that could/would shoot it the way I wanted, and it just got put on hold.

I have other things going on at the moment, but I will get to this.
                Well there we go.

An update!

Comment

Are you still in Atlanta? You should check out Frank Verrilli–he does top notch work.

Comment

Originally posted by J E C View Post
                    "I have other things going on at the moment, but I will get to this." That has been my line with my build. You know the one I started 12 years ago, and then got going on again.......uh.....well some time ago and haven't made any progress in......uh.... Well lets just say it's been a wile!
                    Oooh, SOOO familiar.... Except for me it's usually more like:
                    "was waiting for a good CL deal on tuners, yup, just tuners"
                    ...3 months pass
                    "bugger it, I'll borrow a reamer and make the ones I got fit"
                    return it after a week (having borrowed it for "2-3 hours tops"): "wrong angle"
                    ...+2 weeks
                    "screw it I'll just handdrill it"
                    +2 weeks
                    "FINALLY found a 25/64 bit...bloody america, how can you not stock *****10mm***** drill bits, its a centimeter for chrissakes"
                    +1 week
                    "darnit, was gonna get it done, BUT... wouldnt fit my handle. Why why why are ends on 3/8 = 24/64 and 25/64 totally freakin different?!"
                    +1 month
                    "screw it ill power drill, not a crazy expensive neck anyway... as soon as I find a bridge pup, single size bucker like Lil Demon or JB jr"
                    +1 month
                    "FINALLY! Now lets cannibalize that crap body i bought for its Rail & 2 SSL's and get it done tonight!! Sooo stoked!"
                    +5 minutes
                    "whaaaaaa?! FAKE DUNCANS! Hold the project, gotta get back me moneys and give that bloke a piece of my mind"
                    +2 days, counting
                    "....dammit, bloke aint running or denying anything, seems he got scammed himself. BUT the dude's just as broke as me. Wait to get money back, then back to shopping for a used JBjr...[cuz of course that has SOOO much to do with tuner holes. and not like i dont have a placeholder single like a MiM to temporarily pair with the two Fender CS Texas Specials, either.]"

...procrastination = the finest of arts
                    "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

I'm glad the head stayed clean.
                      PC

Comment

I am sorry to have share with you guys that this guitar has been stolen out of my shop. I am not holding out much hope for its return, but I know there are some ATL guys on here, and maybe I will get lucky.

The guitar was in a black SKB TSA case, and was without hardware or pups.

I have good reason to think it was one of the neighborhood kids (because who wants a bare guitar with no paint?) and I have sent out an email in the hopes someone knows something.

Plenty of pics in this thread for anyone that should come across it.
                        -Chris

Comment

Man, that blows... sorry bro. Anything else get swiped?
                          Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                            Man, that blows... sorry bro. Anything else get swiped?
                            Nope, just that LPC.

That is why I think it was a kid. A real thief would have taken tools, or something of real value. The guitar was in the case on a shelf with several others that are being worked on. I think someone came into the basement when the door was open, grabbed a case and ran, only to find out what they took was a stripped guitar.

I suppose the silver lining was they did not grab the custom shop tele that was next to it.

I can't even express to you how pissed I am
                            -Chris

Comment

I hate thiefs... I hope you can get it back without much hassle
                              Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
                              Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Man, that sucks! Sorry to hear that.

Comment

Working...
                                X