Blackstar HT Metal Series Amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackstar HT Metal Series Amps

Does anyone else have the new Blackstar on preorder? I got the 5watt head reserved on MF and I'm stoked that they're getting them in on this coming Friday 11/8/13. I had the HT Venue series Studio20 head and wasn't too impressed with it, of course everyone knows you can't expect to get the br00tz out of the "boutique" Blackstar heads but still it wasn't for me.

I'm gonna run this bad boy through my Engl Pro112 cab, it should be a decent rig. At least the metal grill and logo will match on both head and cab. They should look like they're made for each other!

Re: Blackstar HT Metal Series Amps

Let me know how you like it... I'd be tempted to try one out.
    My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
    The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
    Originally posted by CTN
    I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Comment

Originally posted by youngthrasher9 View Post
      Let me know how you like it... I'd be tempted to try one out.
      Yeah, will do.

Comment

I have regular HT5 that I can get some pretty good metal tones out of (with EQ in the loop). I'm tempted to try/buy this though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff5 View Post
          I have regular HT5 that I can get some pretty good metal tones out of (with EQ in the loop). I'm tempted to try/buy this though.
          Yeah, the HT Venue series that I had could get some great OD tones but never that super high gain that this series promises. I bet you can really shape the tone with your EQ though. I'm gassing for an MXR 108 10-band for the fx loop of this head. That outta do the trick!

Comment

Originally posted by ~Vintage~ View Post
            Yeah, the HT Venue series that I had could get some great OD tones but never that super high gain that this series promises. I bet you can really shape the tone with your EQ though. I'm gassing for an MXR 108 10-band for the fx loop of this head. That outta do the trick!
            Get an the MXR 10 band. You will love yourself and the amp even more
            -IM

Comment

I played the HT Metal 5w head yesterday. It sounded awesome for a little 5w head. It has tight aggressive distortion with almost a ridiculous amount of gain. I think Blackstar hit a home run with the metal series because they offer a lot for relatively low cost. I didn't mess with the clean channel and I didn't really care to because I was most interested in hearing the distortion. However, I am sure the clean channel is very good because Blackstar never fails to deliver a decent clean tone. Even though it's a METAL amp, it's certainly NOT a sterile, lifeless, scooped tone. The mids are pretty thick and it's a warm amp with good treble presence. I think it can do a little more than metal, but it definitely has the low mid, bass, hi-fi thrash tone.

When I first heard about the HT Metal series, I wondered why it was even necessary because the HT Venue series could be brutal enough. However, what the HT Metal does is kind of take some of the Blackfire sound and incorporate it into the HT Venue design. The result is an excellent metal amplifier.

Comment

^If you don't mind me asking, where do you go to try all these awesome amps?
                My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
                The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
                Originally posted by CTN
                I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
                FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Comment

Originally posted by youngthrasher9 View Post
                  ^If you don't mind me asking, where do you go to try all these awesome amps?
                  Lots of places dude. Guitar stores, friends, shows, trading, buying, etc... If I see something that I haven't tried before, I grab a guitar and play it. The city I live in is huge and there are significant surrounding cities, so just think of all the opportunities to play gear. You can spend 2-3 hours each week visiting places, and around 20-30 min. per piece of gear, that equates to 6-7 pieces of gear each week. My guitar teacher owns a 20 guitars and 8 amps. That's 28 pieces of gear I get to try out right there. I guess it depends on how much time you like playing guitar with other people and hanging around stores.

Comment

Seems like it's be an awesome practice amp (the 5W version) but I don't think I'd ever want one for playing with a band. I need way more headroom in my metal tones than the little Blackstar can offer.
                    Custom neck-thru strat
                    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                    1995 PRS CE24
                    D'avanzo #8
                    Breedlove Solo Concert
                    1996 USA Dean Baby Z
                    1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
                    1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
                    Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
                      Seems like it's be an awesome practice amp (the 5W version) but I don't think I'd ever want one for playing with a band. I need way more headroom in my metal tones than the little Blackstar can offer.
                      Its prolly geared to practicing and recording. Not band playing
                      -IM

Comment

I would LOVE to hear a side by side comparison of this and the Dark Terror.

I know there is a wattage diffs, but i am referring to only the 'tonal diffs'.

Is there any other dedicated 'metal' 5Watt valve amps out there ?
                        Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Originally posted by UberMetalDood View Post
                          I played the HT Metal 5w head yesterday. It sounded awesome for a little 5w head. It has tight aggressive distortion with almost a ridiculous amount of gain. I think Blackstar hit a home run with the metal series because they offer a lot for relatively low cost. I didn't mess with the clean channel and I didn't really care to because I was most interested in hearing the distortion. However, I am sure the clean channel is very good because Blackstar never fails to deliver a decent clean tone. Even though it's a METAL amp, it's certainly NOT a sterile, lifeless, scooped tone. The mids are pretty thick and it's a warm amp with good treble presence. I think it can do a little more than metal, but it definitely has the low mid, bass, hi-fi thrash tone.

When I first heard about the HT Metal series, I wondered why it was even necessary because the HT Venue series could be brutal enough. However, what the HT Metal does is kind of take some of the Blackfire sound and incorporate it into the HT Venue design. The result is an excellent metal amplifier.
                          Thanks for your insight, your post makes me want to call MF and ask if they've shipped it yet.lol

From what you say this head should be everything that I was looking for back when I bought the Venue series.

COME ON NOVEMBER EIGHTH!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by SirJackdeFuzz View Post
                              I would LOVE to hear a side by side comparison of this and the Dark Terror.

I know there is a wattage diffs, but i am referring to only the 'tonal diffs'.

Is there any other dedicated 'metal' 5Watt valve amps out there ?
                              Randall just came out with the Diavlo RD 5w high gain head and combo

i bought one. i love it

i also have a dark terror. both amps of lots of gain, i would say the orange is more versatile and has a warmer crunch

the randall is more modern sounding, very percussive
                              -IM

Comment

Working...
                              X