You Are All Losers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: You Are All Losers

The reissue CD of Cheap Trick's "In Color" is an interesting listen in terms of 12-string bass production and mixing. The CD version reveals a lot that I never heard on my old LPs back in the day. Also, the CD has some demos as bonus tracks, and you can hear rough mixes. The 12-string really sticks out. I believe In Color was the first album on which Tom Petersen played 12-string (right after he invented the crazy thing).

One thing I noticed is that he quickly developed the ability to play just the high strings, I assume by using some modified, angled stroke with a pick.

Buy the CD, take a listen. Interesting stuff, in the historical context. Also one of the all-time great rock albums.
    Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
    Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

thanks,Rich.......I will have to check that out.

Comment

Tom plays his like a bass and a guitar. IMHO he adds a ton to the guitar feel at live Trick shows.
        Aint no pro but I know what I like....
        Guitar to sound output:
        Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Working...
        X