banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Broken Guitar Giveaway Thread. Good Karma To Musos who can't afford decent guits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Broken Guitar Giveaway Thread. Good Karma To Musos who can't afford decent gu

Originally posted by Edgecrusher View Post
    Maybe a worthy recipient should be identified before moving further?

Though my concern there is usually the people who need this sort of thing the most arent the types to hang out on gear forums.
    ^^^^^THIS!!!
    First and foremost! Id be willing to bet that if someone cant afford a guitar, then they certainly cant afford to pay their internet bill, let alone be hanging on a guitar related forum.

Perhaps some worthy/needy people (non-forum members, unless we can prove that they really need one) should be mentioned/nominated, and if there's more than one person, then we can pick the name from a hat sort of thing, or if there's enough to build 2 guitars, or whatever the number, then we can do that as well...

It's a very noble thing for sure and Im down with helping out in whatever way I can. (I'm left handed, so a lot of my parts are lefty specific, but I'm sure I could find something) Just seems to me a very touchy subject and hopefully it doesn't turn out to be a flame war or what have you...

But yea definitely we should pick someone first then go from there.
    87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

Re: The Broken Guitar Giveaway Thread. Good Karma To Musos who can't afford decent gu

Originally posted by SnakeAces View Post
      ....I think we should find somebody who really needs a guitar, even if it is not a forum brother or sister. There are thousands of kids out there with dreams of playing guitar so I am sure it would not be difficult to find one who dreams of playing but cannot afford one or their parents cannot afford one.....
      Excellent point, and that's kinda what I was thinking myself...
      87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

OP wants free guitar and 10 bucks a song. WTF???

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarFanatic View Post
          Ah.. That band thing I'm trying to get off the ground, I've played a few gigs before but those were unpaid. I told the owners of the hotel I play at to probably pay me $10 a tune?? That's if that's a justifiable price. We pay probably 10% or 20% more than the US does for pickups and pots, since the AUD is not worth a dollar over in the US.
          With the access we all have to the internet, it has probably never been easier to get an affordable guitar. Maybe not as easy as free but still pretty easy. You mentioned not being able to afford a relatively cheap guitar. Bro, you can sell junk on the internet these days. You can sell an old smelly pair of shoes. With that in mind, it ain't that hard to find a way to put together some coin to score a guitar.

Comment

Ah.. That band thing I'm trying to get off the ground, I've played a few gigs before but those were unpaid. I told the owners of the hotel I play at to probably pay me $10 a tune?? That's if that's a justifiable price. We pay probably 10% or 20% more than the US does for pickups and pots, since the AUD is not worth a dollar over in the US.
            What happened to the cash you got from your gear sales?

My first guitar was a Squier Affinity Strat (Don't judge me) But I ended up taking that guitar apart and throwing it away and I had better ones. At one point my stand looked like this.[ATTACH=CONFIG]61446[/ATTACH] I feel bad because I sold most of this stuff.

So you threw a guitar away cause you had better ones now your pandering the forum to make you one? Not cool dude...
            "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
            you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Buying a half decent new guitar? about $300.
              Watching a 16 year old thinking he can con an online forum into building him a free guitar? Priceless...

Comment

Originally posted by guitarglynn View Post
                With the access we all have to the internet, it has probably never been easier to get an affordable guitar. Maybe not as easy as free but still pretty easy. You mentioned not being able to afford a relatively cheap guitar. Bro, you can sell junk on the internet these days. You can sell an old smelly pair of shoes. With that in mind, it ain't that hard to find a way to put together some coin to score a guitar.
                Yup, a quick browse through a site such as Craigslist shows a bunch of guitars for dirt cheap...

Comment

Originally posted by Falloffthebonetone View Post
                  Buying a half decent new guitar? about $300.
                  Watching a 16 year old thinking he can con an online forum into building him a free guitar? Priceless...
                  Don't forget the case.

Yes! A HSC is a must because if your instrument is not protected, it will wear out faster.
                  I already have one HSC myself but that's an $80 hard case I bought at a now defunct music store. It works for what I want it to do but tbh every one of my guitars should need a hardshell case. Even if it is crappy. Don't you agree? and good work on providing assembly and setup, btw.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
                  @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Let's see... If the average song is 5 minutes long and at $10 a song that's $120 an hour... do you really think some hotel is gonna pay a kid's garage band $120 an hour to play? I don't think so... also if you can't afford a $50 guitar than how did you get that entire rack of guitars before?
                    Originally posted by dg27
                    Salad plates are aerodynamically more effective than dinner plates, which are too heavy.

Comment

Heh, he tried this already a while back.

Comment

I hear there is a Nigerian Prince who wants to send me $1,000,000,000 overnight to hold for a couple of hours and I will be able to keep a portion of it. I will use the portion I get to keep to get the Down Under Stacked-Rack-to-Rackless Guitar dude a nice parts guitar...we can have kramersteen do the work and do a custom paintjob like a boss

Comment

Originally posted by King IzzO))) View Post

Hrmm I musta missed that one... Was it under the same user name?
                          "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
                          you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

I normally wouldn't do this but I just went through a tail spin when my dad died and as a result of a culmination of terrible decisions on my part I no longer have a guitar and am hating life. The good news is I'm doing much better personally mentally that is but am having a bit harder time getting myself back on my feet financially and a guitar would really make me happy and alot of other people I'm sure, but I figured I'm no worse off if I were to throw out there where I'm at in my life right now and hope some great luck might come my way. No matter what happens I do have some parts around I can send to someone when It's figured out what's needed no matter what the outcome. I just think it's a great idea all around. I'm just glad the world still has kind people in it.

Comment

Nope...

Comment

Originally posted by King IzzO))) View Post
                                Originally posted by Edgecrusher View Post
                                Hrmm I musta missed that one... Was it under the same user name?

It starts at post #337

Talk about ungrateful. Seriously. No one here is stupid enough to fall for this obvious ploy.

Securb's thread is where the real charity work is. Not this BS.
                                Last edited by Myaccount876; 03-10-2015, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X