banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Broken Guitar Giveaway Thread. Good Karma To Musos who can't afford decent guits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Broken Guitar Giveaway Thread. Good Karma To Musos who can't afford decent gu

GuitarRocker = GuitarFanatic = mooch with no shame

Comment

Re: The Broken Guitar Giveaway Thread. Good Karma To Musos who can't afford decent gu

Originally posted by Myaccount876 View Post
      [

Securb's thread is where the real charity work is. Not this BS.
      The kids a chomer...

Securbs thread links to this one though...
      "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
      you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Originally posted by tonechaser View Post
        I normally wouldn't do this but I just went through a tail spin when my dad died and as a result of a culmination of terrible decisions on my part I no longer have a guitar and am hating life. The good news is I'm doing much better personally mentally that is but am having a bit harder time getting myself back on my feet financially and a guitar would really make me happy and alot of other people I'm sure, but I figured I'm no worse off if I were to throw out there where I'm at in my life right now and hope some great luck might come my way. No matter what happens I do have some parts around I can send to someone when It's figured out what's needed no matter what the outcome. I just think it's a great idea all around. I'm just glad the world still has kind people in it.
        Sorry about the loss of your dad and the tough times. This thread started out with a lot of potential but it has derailed in epic fashion. But still, I would be happy to help if I can for somebody who can use it. But not sure what others think at this point as this thread may have left a bitter taste in some of these guys mouths. I had no idea there was another karma thread sticky at the top of this forum but somebody linked it in this thread. If all else fails you may want to check that out. You might be able to scrounge up some parts to get a guitar together. Maybe post some of the parts you need so people can see what they have laying around.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarFanatic View Post
          Unfortunately I can't even afford a simple $50 guitar to mod the hell out of. So I say maybe the first partscaster could go to me, and I can spread the idea around.
          If you're that broke, how are you planning on restringing the guitar?
          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

This guy sounds like a bigger scammer than the guy that conned me out of $$$ on here for an EMG pickup he claims was lost in the postal service from Canada but said since I paid Paypal gift there was no insurance and I was SOL....

Comment

Just to put it out there, I'm hella cool with donating parts for someone who legitimately has endured some tragedy, house burned down, etc.

Some 16 year old kid down under trying to mooch his way to stardom isn't getting **** from me but a disappointed glare.

Dig your Affinity out of the trash and try again, brah,

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion1 View Post
                This guy sounds like a bigger scammer than the guy that conned me out of $$$ on here for an EMG pickup he claims was lost in the postal service from Canada but said since I paid Paypal gift there was no insurance and I was SOL....
                That's why I don't do PayPal gift. I'll give the seller the extra $2 for the fees and the ability to get my money back. Then it's on the seller to prove it's delivered. If they insist on using the gift option, then I automatically assume they want my money as a gift. :P

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
                @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Originally posted by King IzzO))) View Post
                  Just to put it out there, I'm hella cool with donating parts for someone who legitimately has endured some tragedy, house burned down, etc.

Some 16 year old kid down under trying to mooch his way to stardom isn't getting **** from me but a disappointed glare.

Dig your Affinity out of the trash and try again, brah,
                  If you can't make a good guitar out of an Affinity you suck at life.

Twitter:
                  @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Originally posted by dominus View Post
                    If you can't make a good guitar out of an Affinity you suck at life.
                    Agreed. The other guitarist in my former band played an Affinity Strat that I replaced the pickups in and gave a good setup. That thing sounded and played nice!

Sent from my Moto X 2014 using Tapatalk
                    Nope...

Comment

I hate to sound like an old man, but here goes. Folks, this is the future of our world right here. This is what happens when all of the children are winners, and they get a participation trophy. They have no idea what it is like to have to work for something. They expect everything to be given to them. I knew exactly where this thread was going from the original post. I hate to break the news to you people, but there's not many people left in this world that have any morals, values, or ethics. I once posted a picture on this forum of a half thrown together guitar of mine that I've had for years, and never really done anything with. At that time there was another 15 or 16 year old kid on the forum. He was starting a band, and just fell in love with that guitar. It kind of tripped me out that he had the audacity to actually ask me if he could have it. I never in a million years would have done anything like that. Anyways, I thought about it, and said what the heck. I told him that he could have the guitar if he paid for shipping. He wrote me back, and threw a hissy fit because of that. Now if that would have been me at 16 years old, I would have hustled my ass off doing odd jobs to pay for the shipping for that. I guess that's the difference between my generation and the new one. Everybody wants something, but they don't want to work for it.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                        If you're that broke, how are you planning on restringing the guitar?
                        If he's that broke, how did he get the Affinity to throw away... THROW AWAY.... and then have the audacity to do this? S&* ^% @ $%^&H that burns me up.

Originally posted by dominus View Post
                        That's why I don't do PayPal gift. I'll give the seller the extra $2 for the fees and the ability to get my money back. Then it's on the seller to prove it's delivered. If they insist on using the gift option, then I automatically assume they want my money as a gift. :P
                        I had never even thought about that... Kinda makes me weary of selling anything else, or buying for that matter...

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
                          I hate to sound like an old man, but here goes. Folks, this is the future of our world right here. This is what happens when all of the children are winners, and they get a participation trophy. They have no idea what it is like to have to work for something. They expect everything to be given to them. I knew exactly where this thread was going from the original post. I hate to break the news to you people, but there's not many people left in this world that have any morals, values, or ethics. I once posted a picture on this forum of a half thrown together guitar of mine that I've had for years, and never really done anything with. At that time there was another 15 or 16 year old kid on the forum. He was starting a band, and just fell in love with that guitar. It kind of tripped me out that he had the audacity to actually ask me if he could have it. I never in a million years would have done anything like that. Anyways, I thought about it, and said what the heck. I told him that he could have the guitar if he paid for shipping. He wrote me back, and threw a hissy fit because of that. Now if that would have been me at 16 years old, I would have hustled my ass off doing odd jobs to pay for the shipping for that. I guess that's the difference between my generation and the new one. Everybody wants something, but they don't want to work for it.
                          JOLLY, you sir are correct. Honesty, hard work, ethics, morals.. it's all a dying set of characteristics. It's a damn shame..

Like I said earlier, I'm down for helping somebody who genuinely needs it...

Comment

I'm 15 and agree with and understand everything you said here...

Comment

Every generation has their slackers and moochers. It's just the greater rate of information/communication going on that you get exposed to it more.

Twitter:
                              @ArizonaVoters

Comment

I agree with pretty much all of this, but with one slight amendment. I think this whole thing is more true about youth born in families already well-established in Western superpowers like the US/UK. I see much less of this, "I'm a winner!" attitude from kids who are only 1st Generation or Generation "0" in their family. I'm one of them, and we still have our parents to remind us about working for everything. I'm thankful for that, for all of the harsh reality-checks which are times that force you to be happy with what you have.

Also, having a humble and non-entitled/deserving attitude can REALLY pay off. It is how I got a few of my first Seymour Duncan pickups and my first car (all of which I love) - all for free, and none of it came from my parents/family. I count myself EXTREMELY lucky, and try my best to maintain humility and a "if you want it you have to work for it" approach. Now for the kids born into families where the parents own a successful insurance company...They expect the newest iPhone at birth. I didn't even get my first smart phone until Nov 2014. So if you want to be rewarded down the road, just don't be an entitled d**k to people. Although being generous and nice to people should be rewarding in itself minus material benefits.
                                Last edited by Myaccount876; 03-11-2015, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X