banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spontaneous Warmoth Build...Something A Bit Different!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spontaneous Warmoth Build...Something A Bit Different!

My charvel spectrum has a similar look and i love it it grew on me like a big wart on Jerry's butt.

Comment

Itsabass, you definitely have me thinking...

What about something like this? '51-inspired, but custom lines throughout

I think it turns me on a little

EDIT: Ok, maybe a lot
      Last edited by Masta' C; 06-22-2018, 03:50 PM.

Comment

That's pretty much where my mind was going. That looks great!
        Originally posted by LesStrat
        Yogi Berra was correct.
        Originally posted by JOLLY
        I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Well, dang...now I have two useless Warmoth pickguards and I need to find someone with pickguard-making skills!

Itsabass, you up for a challenge?

Comment

Where are you located? (You can PM me instead of posting, if you want.)
            Originally posted by LesStrat
            Yogi Berra was correct.
            Originally posted by JOLLY
            I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
              Where are you located? (You can PM me instead of posting, if you want.)
              Derrrrrrrr, Tone Heaven.

Comment

That is a shame to completely cover the wood grain of a Roasted body! But still should be a cool project!

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
                I anxious to hear how the roasted Alder body sounds. I recently purchased a roasted Adler neck for a build I haven't started, and I've never touched or even seen a smoother, faster, better looking neck. I might like to try a girlfriend made from roasted Alder next.
                Roasted Alder for a neck? Or Roasted Maple?

Comment

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
                  That is a shame to completely cover the wood grain of a Roasted body!
                  It's a little odd for sure. I can kind of see the merits, but, yeah, a thinner and/or more natural finish would have been my personal choice.

Still, I think it's going to an incredibly lively guitar! Between this neck and the body, I don't think I've ever been quite as excited to see how a guitar plays/feels once put together!

Comment

Definitely! Is the neck roasted too? (sorry if I missed that detail)

All of my Roasted wood guitars are light and resonant.

Looking forward to the end result!

Comment

This is gonna be one of the best hybrids I've ever seen!
                      "Live by the Groove, Die by the Groove."

Comment

I really like that even though it ticks pretty much every box I have for things I don't like in a guitar. Funny how that works, isn't it? The whole is greater than the sum and all that...

Comment

I get it, sometimes I find myself drawn to designs I would usually never pick out on my own, but when seen as a whole, it somehow makes sense.
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
                            Definitely! Is the neck roasted too? (sorry if I missed that detail)

All of my Roasted wood guitars are light and resonant.

Looking forward to the end result!
                            No, the neck is just standard quartersawn Maple, but it's an unusually substantial piece. I have at least 3 other Warmoth necks and none of them feel like this one, even though they are all maple (some quartersawn) with the same thickness/carve/profile!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Locher View Post
                              I really like that even though it ticks pretty much every box I have for things I don't like in a guitar. Funny how that works, isn't it? The whole is greater than the sum and all that...
                              I like Floyded "super" strats and Teles and Warmoth's normal "Hybrid Strat" on their own, but never would have dreamed up combining a bit of all of them into one guitar. Like you, I think it's just odd enough to work!

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                              I get it, sometimes I find myself drawn to designs I would usually never pick out on my own, but when seen as a whole, it somehow makes sense.
                              Yeah, this is definitely one of those cases!

Comment

*BUMP*

Inquiring minds want to know if it's taken off the ground yet.

FWIW, I REALLY like that mockup of the pickguard on it, it just, works!
                                Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
                                I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
                                Originally posted by That90'sGuy
                                Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X